Man Gets Prison For Killing Kittens

Old February 9th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default Man Gets Prison For Killing Kittens

HAGERSTOWN, Md. -- A Maryland man has been sentenced to nearly a year in
prison for killing four of his girlfriend's kittens by throwing them into a
fire.

Robert Tomlin has been ordered to spend 341 days in prison for violating his
probation by moving back in with Kelli Green and her five remaining cats
after he pleaded guilty in November to aggravated animal cruelty.

Under a plea bargain, Tomlin was supposed to have avoided contact with Green
and her animals.

Green said they both were drunk the night the cats died and she barely
remembers what happened

http://www.local6.com:80/news/109680... 2092007&ts=H

Old February 9th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Matthew wrote:
HAGERSTOWN, Md. -- A Maryland man has been sentenced to nearly a year
in prison for killing four of his girlfriend's kittens by throwing
them into a fire.

Robert Tomlin has been ordered to spend 341 days in prison for
violating his probation by moving back in with Kelli Green and her
five remaining cats after he pleaded guilty in November to aggravated
animal cruelty.

Under a plea bargain, Tomlin was supposed to have avoided contact
with Green and her animals.

Green said they both were drunk the night the cats died and she barely
remembers what happened

http://www.local6.com:80/news/109680... 2092007&ts=H

Why in the hell did she let him move back in?! Sometimes I just want to
shake the crap out of stupid women like this.

Jill

Old February 9th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 9, 10:04 am, "Matthew" wrote:
HAGERSTOWN, Md. -- A Maryland man has been sentenced to nearly a year in
prison for killing four of his girlfriend's kittens by throwing them into a
fire.

Robert Tomlin has been ordered to spend 341 days in prison for violating his
probation by moving back in with Kelli Green and her five remaining cats
after he pleaded guilty in November to aggravated animal cruelty.

Under a plea bargain, Tomlin was supposed to have avoided contact with Green
and her animals.

Green said they both were drunk the night the cats died and she barely
remembers what happened

http://www.local6.com:80/news/109680...ts=orlpn&tid=2...

Was Green sentenced? Will she be allowed to acquire any more animals,
other than her next boyfriend who will probably throw HER into a fire?

I wonder if I could get sentenced to the same prison as this Tomlin
guy. I have to go visit my brother in Maryland anyway. Holding up a
gas station wouldn't take that long.

Will in New Haven

Old February 9th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 9, 9:12?am, "Will in New Haven"
wrote:
[...]

LOL, you GO Will!
It's just too bad SHE wasn't given a prison sentence for sheer
stupidity. I don't get this, I really don't. I've visited with the
people from the battered women's shelter here a lot, because we board
their animals for them. I just don't understand the psychological hold
that some women let abusive guys get hold on them.
I can say with some certainty that if someone threw my cats in a fire
I'd end up in prison.. Nothing would make me lose control worse than
someone torturing a helpless kitten/puppy/child/elderly person
etc.etc. Gah! This burns me up just reading about it.

Sherry

Old February 9th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Well said Sherry but for me I would not have to worry about Prison. They
would never find the body alligators need love too ;-)

Old February 9th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

would never find the body alligators need love too ;-)- Hide quoted text -

I was thinking about relying on the jury understanding the "He NEEDED
killing" defence but alligators do need to be fed.

Will in New Haven

Old February 9th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 9, 7:10 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Matthew wrote:
HAGERSTOWN, Md. -- A Maryland man has been sentenced to nearly a year
in prison for killing four of his girlfriend's kittens by throwing
them into a fire.

Robert Tomlin has been ordered to spend 341 days in prison for
violating his probation by moving back in with Kelli Green and her
five remaining cats after he pleaded guilty in November to aggravated
animal cruelty.

Under a plea bargain, Tomlin was supposed to have avoided contact
with Green and her animals.

Green said they both were drunk the night the cats died and she barely
remembers what happened

http://www.local6.com:80/news/109680...ts=orlpn&tid=2...

Why in the hell did she let him move back in?! Sometimes I just want to
shake the crap out of stupid women like this.

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Me too, Jill. Sounds like she's not a great cat person candidate in
the first place if she could allow such a thing to happen to ANY
animal in her care. I can't stand thinking of the pain and fear those
poor kittens went through.

Melissa

Old February 9th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On 9 Feb 2007 07:51:12 -0800, "Will in New Haven"
wrote:

On Feb 9, 10:42 am, "Matthew" wrote:

ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

I think this guy needs to have a 'special' cell mate: the guy who
whacked Jeffery Dahlmer while he was in prison.

Just thinking about what this guy did makes my stomach hurt, and I can
feel my blood pressure has gone WAY up. Grrrr....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old February 10th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Shiral wrote:

Me too, Jill. Sounds like she's not a great cat person candidate in
the first place if she could allow such a thing to happen to ANY
animal in her care. I can't stand thinking of the pain and fear those
poor kittens went through.

Yeah - somehow "We were both kinda drunk" doesn't strike me
as much of an excuse for ANYTHING!
Old February 11th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bookie

wrote:
On Feb 9, 10:42 am, "Matthew" wrote:

roups.com...

wrote:
[...]

-Buddha- Hide quoted text -

the sentence he got is nowhere near long enough, I mean how many
innocent lives did he snuff out? lets hope that neither him nor his
obviously retarded girlfirend ever have kids (either with each other
or different partners) and that their genes die with them.

I agree thuogh that this man shoudl have a very 'special' cellmate,
get a taste of his own medicine.

this story just makes me feel physically sick to think about it, they
both should have been locked up, absolutely nasty.

bookie