Port Blair INformation anyone?

Old December 27th 04, 04:37 AM
Stormin Mormon

Default Port Blair INformation anyone?

Anyone have any way to get information for this fellow?

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

[...]

Have they tried posting in the ham radio groups? Hope fully she is ok.
Old December 27th 04, 01:54 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I have no clue which groups are HAM. Any ideas?

Try

rec.radio.shortwave

as a starting point.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old December 28th 04, 03:25 AM
William Hamblen

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:38:38 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I have no clue which groups are HAM. Any ideas?

rec.radio.amateur

The correspondent should try calling the local chapter of the Red
Cross for advice. The International Committee of the Red Cross is
active in times like these.

Old December 28th 04, 03:42 AM
Rrb

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have no clue which groups are HAM. Any ideas?

In addition to the groups you could try alt.ham-radio, or japan.ham-radio.

You could also have them go to the site world.yahoo.com then select a
yahoo site from over there. They could then get into the yahoo boards,
or yahoo chat from that area and perhaps find out something.

Old December 28th 04, 02:35 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

I have no clue which groups are HAM. Any ideas?

rec.radio.amateur

The correspondent should try calling the local chapter of the Red
Cross for advice. The International Committee of the Red Cross is
active in times like these.

I believe he originally contacted the Red Cross and didn't get anywhere.

Jill

Old December 28th 04, 04:05 PM
Stormin Mormon

Joe did email me back. Says th at they are short on food and water, but his
wife did make it through.

Old December 28th 04, 04:45 PM
jmcquown

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Joe did email me back. Says th at they are short on food and water,
but his wife did make it through.

EXCELLENT news! I'm so glad.

Jill

Old December 28th 04, 08:17 PM
Sheenah

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Joe did email me back. Says th at they are short on food and water,

but his
wife did make it through.

I am so glad. From overnight news reports and from reports in our
paper today, I've learnt that those islands were close to the
earthquakes epicentre ; as yet, five or six of the 38 inhabited
islands in the 572 island chain remain without communication links.
and that aftershocks of up to 6.0 have continued to rock the islands.
Indian navy ships are on their way to the islands.

Sheenah

Old December 30th 04, 04:00 AM
Stormin Mormon

The fellow did email me again -- his wife telephoned. Got a couple moments
on a phone some where. So, for now there is no one asking me for contact
help. For now.....

Thanks for all the kindness, purrs, etc.