Adopt This Great Cat!

Old June 27th 05, 02:24 AM
Mary

Default Adopt This Great Cat!

We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Old June 27th 05, 02:41 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 26 Jun 2005 09:24:15p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted
here. He has been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and
will be "re-evaluated" this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter
does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get
him to you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good
home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you
are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Thank you for stepping back and rethinking this. It shows you
really do care. Yes, Mary, I know you do care.

Regardless of your opinion of me and why I brought up concerns, and
regardless of whether I've stated *yet* whether I'd help
financially, I see no reason to think that Conan can't be adopted
locally. He's gorgeous, seems to have a good disposition from what
Philip said (take that as you will; I'm sure you will) and he's
young. And, he's apparently over his URI and is now healthy. He
should have no problem getting noticed and getting adopted. I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality. Maybe someone local can type/write one
up and hang it on his cage. When I volunteered with our local SPCA,
the cats with very detailed descriptive signs on their cage (and on
Petfinders.org) recieved a lot of interest. In a large shelter such
as OC, there probably isn't a lot of personal interest paid to
individual animals. It would help if someone local could do that so
that any potential adopters could have some information about him.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old June 27th 05, 03:10 AM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote in message
We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Someone I know has contacted me about a possible home in the Seattle area
for Conan. So, if everything works out, which I should know by sometime
tomorrow, then the same transportation arrangements can be utilized. They
are awaiting approval from their landlord.

--
-Kelly

Old June 27th 05, 03:16 AM
biggerbadderbarry

KellyH wrote:

Someone I know has contacted me about a possible home in the Seattle area
for Conan. So, if everything works out, which I should know by sometime
tomorrow, then the same transportation arrangements can be utilized. They
are awaiting approval from their landlord.

--
-Kelly

I used to think you was sexy with your little attitude

Now I think it stinks, I want all your stuff out of my house by
morning, or Im slinging it on the sidewalk!

Old June 27th 05, 03:25 AM
Candace

biggerbadderbarry wrote:

I used to think you was sexy with your little attitude

Now I think it stinks, I want all your stuff out of my house by
morning, or Im slinging it on the sidewalk!

Is that really what you get out of this ng, sex? You're always making
ludicrous sexual remarks on here when other people are trying to have
serious discussions. And you keep changing the fricking titles of the
threads so it's next to impossible to follow what's going on. Is your
purpose her to "get off" or to disrupt?

There are porn sites available where you can fantasize about sexy
little attitudes.

Conan is running out of time and some of us care about that more than
about you getting your rocks off.

Candace

Old June 27th 05, 03:27 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He

has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be

"re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Someone I know has contacted me about a possible home in the Seattle area
for Conan. So, if everything works out, which I should know by sometime
tomorrow, then the same transportation arrangements can be utilized. They
are awaiting approval from their landlord.

Kelly, we will have to know all about this person. They will have to come
on here and answer questions about their past with animals and give us
an email and/or their full name so that we can Google them and make
sure they are suitable. I am not comfortable adopting Conan out to
someone we know nothing about. If this person must remain anonymous,
it is no go. And I want to know how big this apartment is--Conan is a
BIG athletic boy--if there are any other pets, what kind, what sort of
income this person has, essentially all the concerns raised about Charlie,
who is, after all, approved by the shelter.

Old June 27th 05, 03:35 AM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote
Kelly, we will have to know all about this person. They will have to come
on here and answer questions about their past with animals and give us
an email and/or their full name so that we can Google them and make
sure they are suitable. I am not comfortable adopting Conan out to
someone we know nothing about. If this person must remain anonymous,
it is no go. And I want to know how big this apartment is--Conan is a
BIG athletic boy--if there are any other pets, what kind, what sort of
income this person has, essentially all the concerns raised about
Charlie,
who is, after all, approved by the shelter.

I will post info as I have it. What I know now is this is a couple, just
transferred to the Seattle area, has one cat, was going to adopt another a
while back but the wife became ill and they had to put off adopting another
cat and are now ready to do so.
I do not have their email or full names at this point.

--
-Kelly

Old June 27th 05, 03:42 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Candace wrote:

Conan is running out of time and some of us care about that more than
about you getting your rocks off.

Candace

Then tell the women to act like they got some sense about them

Just for the record, would you like to see the emails I get from women
on this group?...gasp, you would be shocked!

Charlie is fine! Ok, find someone else (I read your comments)... Your
not the problem.

Seems that 2, that's two women, are wanting to put on a rubber glove to
examine the new cat owner, when they already know Charlie.

I changed the title, to take attention away from those, slinging mud at
Charlie, it was supposed to be confusing, and it seems to have worked.

BTW: Does fancy feast come in small cans only? My fat ass cat can't get
enough!

Old June 27th 05, 03:54 AM
Philip

Cheryl wrote:
Thank you for stepping back and rethinking this. It shows you
really do care. Yes, Mary, I know you do care.

Regardless of your opinion of me and why I brought up concerns, and
regardless of whether I've stated *yet* whether I'd help
financially, I see no reason to think that Conan can't be adopted
locally. He's gorgeous, seems to have a good disposition from what
Philip said (take that as you will; I'm sure you will) and he's
young. And, he's apparently over his URI and is now healthy. He
should have no problem getting noticed and getting adopted. I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality.

snip

You liked my idea. I graciously accept your compliment.

great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
About to adopt a shelter Manx Meghan Cat health & behaviour 14 December 20th 03 05:51 PM