First TNR final score is...

Old October 20th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default First TNR final score is...

RobZip wrote:
He would sit and stare at the milk jug, never made a sound, just
tried to laservision a hole in the jug. He would always sit at the
same spot, where I would put a saucer down for him and load it up. He
was asking in the strongest terms he could but was well mannered
enough not to attack no matter how badly he wanted it. That Cat Haven
lady is in for a lot of surprises over the next few weeks as BoBo
explores her limits. She just got herself one helluva unique cat.

Oh, he sounds like a character! I love those cats with extra
personality. Didn't you say he is orange? I think those orange guys have
got some extra orneriness.

I hope the Cat Haven lady will let you know how he's doing. He'll
probably settle right in on her couch.

For some reason, I can't pull up the pictures on the binary group. I'll
try again tomorrow.

Rhonda

Old October 20th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Rhonda" wrote in message
RobZip wrote:
He would sit and stare at the milk jug, never made a sound, just
tried to laservision a hole in the jug. He would always sit at the
same spot, where I would put a saucer down for him and load it up. He
was asking in the strongest terms he could but was well mannered
enough not to attack no matter how badly he wanted it. That Cat Haven
lady is in for a lot of surprises over the next few weeks as BoBo
explores her limits. She just got herself one helluva unique cat.

Oh, he sounds like a character! I love those cats with extra
personality. Didn't you say he is orange? I think those orange guys have
got some extra orneriness.

Yup - he's orange alright. Any open door was an invitation to him. He's
followed me to visit various folks in the neighborhood and walked right in a
few times. He would do a little exploring around, but usually came to hang
out with me pretty close until it was time to leave. If something caught his
interest, he would stay behind until he wore out his welcome. He always came
back at some point. He had figured out that there was a bit of slack in the
fit of my storm door against the latch, and that he could 'knock' by
standing on back legs and shoving the door with front paws to make it
rattle. I miss him around here already, but am extremely happy that he has a
full time home to be loved in and a full time stage to display his
personality.

I hope the Cat Haven lady will let you know how he's doing. He'll
probably settle right in on her couch.

He's fully couch socialized I'll give things a while for him to settle in
then check up on him.

Old October 20th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Pics are up! was First TNR final score is...

"RobZip" no wrote in message
. ..

"Phil P." wrote in message

That Boy was just plain special. I don't just mean garden variety
charming
and cute, but seriously different in ways that stood out to everyone
around here. That Cat Haven lady got herself a piece of fur wrapped

gold.

Kinda shakes your faith in human nature when you see a cat like that
dumped.

I've lost my faith in human nature a long time ago. I believe that all
humanity is created equal - equally ****ing worthless- until some random
lightning strike plants a redeemable quality in some. Ooops... sorry, some
of my latent sociopath slipped out.

Talking about losing faith in human nature-- we just rescued a sweet little
Bijon mix. Some psycho poured acid or some kind of burning liquid on his
back. The poor dog has third degree burns and is going to need skin grafts.
I'm thankful the right ACO was on duty at the time and called us- otherwise,
the sweet little guy would have been euthanized.

The story has been all over the news- ch 2,4,7, & local 12. If you have a
high speed connection you can view the news broadcast on my site:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/SnowComplete.mpg. The file is112 mb.

This wanton cruelty has really infuriated a lot of people- especially
certain people who you really don't want to **** off. Most animal abusers
usually get off with token slaps on the wrist- but the psycho who did this
is going to fry. The smartest thing he could do is turn himself in and
consider himself lucky if he gets a few years in the slam-- if you take my
meaning. I can't say any more.

I'll
clean up some pics I have of him, reduce the file sizes and post in the
animals group later today.

I'd like to see them.

several of them in alt.binaries.pictures.animals

BoBo looks like a mush- but I'm a little partial to Sad Eyes. I'm sure
someone must have scooped him right up because he looks so sad.

It must be the orange tabby gene that makes the orange males mushes.
Everyone I know who has an orange male says they're mushes. One of my
(permanent) fosters is a *big* orange male- he starts purring as soon as you
look at him! You can actually hear him purr from 5 feet away!

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Neo-Close-up.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/album/neo-spread.jpg

Any news on the "other matter"?

Phil

Old October 20th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Phil P." wrote in message

Any news on the "other matter"?

Phil

Did you get my email last week about that? Last I heard was the guy was
arrested, charged with criminal mischief and second degree misdemeanor
animal abuse. His parole officer is supposed to submit a violator hold that
will keep him locked up pending disposition of these charges. Even if he
would escape outright conviction, he could still be sent back for the
remainder of his original time. The prosecutor said that I'm viewed as the
complainant/victim in this and that's why they insist no contact between me
and the witnesses and especially no contact with the perp. 'Looks like no
matter how this case ends up, he's going back.
Guys familiar with the parole system tell me that any arrest where there is
substantial fact to prove you did something, regardless of criminal court
outcome, is good enough to make a violation out of. There are two
independent witnesses that both gave statements - the neighbor I spoke to
and a driver who called in also gave one. I'll get some Preparation-H and
soap on a rope ready for his going away present.

Old October 21st 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"RobZip" no wrote in message
.. .

"Phil P." wrote in message

Any news on the "other matter"?

Phil

Did you get my email last week about that?

Yeah- I just found it... My inbox is an atrocity.

[...]

What I would do, hypothetically of course, is find out whose doing a lot of
time for murder or armed robbery in the same prison then have a friend go
visit him and ask him if his family needs money....

The problem with cases like this where the low-lifes are already getting
jail time, is the sentences usually run concurrently which doesn't usually
add any jail time- unless the new sentence is longer than the original
sentence.

In our case, the scum bag who burned the dog faces a maximum of 6 months on
each charge which is only a maximum of one year and $2K fine. If I get to
the low-life first- he'll wish he was stillborn because when I got done with
him it would take much longer than a year before he could eat or breathe
without tubes attached to him. He'll need a fast wheelchair to catch
another dog to harm.

Here's the story that was in the papers:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm I added the
pictures and the PayPal link.

Here's the link to the original story:
http://www.bergenrecord.com/page.php...VFeXk3MDA3MDUy

You really got to meet this dog--he's one of the sweetest and most lovable
dogs I've ever met.

Old October 21st 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Phil P." wrote in message
The problem with cases like this where the low-lifes are already getting
jail time, is the sentences usually run concurrently which doesn't usually
add any jail time- unless the new sentence is longer than the original
sentence.

I have no information on what remains of his original sentence or
specifically what those charges were. The best consolation I can take from
this is that what he did involving those cats is directly bringing about
incarceration for him. From what I hear of his family, they're all normal,
hard working, well educated people. This guy got the 'Idon't give a ****
gene' and has blackened the family name ever since. I've not been in any
contact with them, as ordered, but I can empathize with how it is living in
the shadow of someone else's misdeeds..

Interesting thing about the placement of the burns on Snowy. You couldn't
pick a more painful place to cause maximum discomfort and interference with
normal function than that. The torture beyond common cruelty element is
apparent.