Purrs and prayers please

Old March 26th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

Default Purrs and prayers please

"Granby" wrote in message
She is to have surgery on Tuesday, I think they said. The growth is twice
the size as before and while the family is trying to be so brave, they are
just.........If all goes well in the surgery, they will then take her to
Texas to a cancer treatment center there. Purrs from all are appreciated.

MD Anderson here in Houston is *THE* best cancer institute in the world.
They are partnered with Children's hospital (and East Jefferson) in New
Orleans or Brooke would have been here also.

There is a Ronald MacDonald house near the hospital here, but if your
friends do come down this way be sure to let them know they can contact me
should they need anything that's not provided (although I'm sure the RM
house has thought of just about everything).

Also to consider... if your friends are having problems with financing, St.
Jude's Children's Hospital it totally free (their motto is "No Child Is
Turned Away") - they even pay for plane fare for the patient and one parent
and pay for the hotel bill and meals for one parent. St. Jude's would be my
second choice after MD Anderson - they specialize in children with cancer.

But no matter where they are, they should be in the "network" of cancer
research/treatment for children. All hospitals and doctors share experience
and findings so that they're able to give children the absolute best
treatment possible (unlike adults whose treatment depends on what doctor and
hospital they happen to use.

Again, purrs and prayers are headed her way. Let me know if they'd like to
contact me and I'll email you my telephone number.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CN" wrote in message
Mega healing purrs are on the way and I'll keep her and her family in my
prayers as well.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Granby" wrote in message
I copied what I wrote on rpcc.

Lee and I have a friend who has a little girl about 5 years old. She
had a
brain tumor removed when she was less than 2. She had several surgeries
and
so much for a little one. Just when the parents and us, thought things
would be good, the damn Cancer is back. There are four other little
girls
in this family. Purrs and prayers for all of them would be appreciated.
At
least my son has had a life, this little one............

Old March 26th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I am sure it is the MD Anderson hospital. We have raised some money and
hope it helps them. With 5 other little gorls at home, I thought it was
four but there are 3 altogether, they have their hands full. I will give
them your message though and thank you.

Old March 26th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:07:19 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

I copied what I wrote on rpcc.

Lee and I have a friend who has a little girl about 5 years old. She had a
brain tumor removed when she was less than 2. She had several surgeries and
so much for a little one. Just when the parents and us, thought things
would be good, the damn Cancer is back. There are four other little girls
in this family. Purrs and prayers for all of them would be appreciated. At
least my son has had a life, this little one............

Children getting cancer: a parents worst nightmare.

Purrs for the little girl, and all of her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old March 27th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LauraM[_2_]

On Mar 26, 5:36*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Thank you, it sounds like they will need them."Gandalf" wrote in message

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:07:19 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

I copied what I wrote on rpcc.

Lee and I have a friend who has a little girl about 5 years old. *She had
brain tumor removed when she was less than 2. *She had several surgeries
and
so much for a little one. *Just when the parents and us, thought things
would be good, the damn Cancer is back. *There are four other little girls
in this family. *Purrs and prayers for all of them would be appreciated.
At
least my son has had a life, this little one............

Children getting cancer: a parents worst nightmare.

Purrs for the little girl, and all of her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^

How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven..
- Robert Heinlein- Hide quoted text -

Your situation makes all of mine so insignificant. Many purrs and
prayers for you and your family.
Old March 27th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I talked to both parents today and it nearly broke my heart. They have to
try this fancy way of getting to the root of the cancer, neutron something,
and beyond that, there isn't much they can do but watch her leave us. They
have surgery in Chicago on Tuesday and then have to wait six weeks before
going to Houston Texas to the MD Anderson hospital. They give them
basically no percentages, it will work or won't, and this type of cure is
new enough they can't every guess what the side effects will be. They did
have some family there but don't now. They have to do whatever they do
every day for four weeks.

Old March 27th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

These people are friends, but even with my son having so many medical
problems they can't cure, just a waiting game, he is 42 and at least has had
a life. This baby hasn't had a much time without pain and it is so sad.