Persia goes nuts (again)

Old January 27th 05, 11:51 PM
jmcquown

Default Persia goes nuts (again)

Okay, not really. But she got the zoomies and wanted outside because I did
something rather unprecendented. I don't normally use the BBQ grill when it
is cold but the mothership told her I was doing so. To make matters
worse... I had this shark steak in the freezer from a couple of months ago;
it was inexpensive and I eat as much fish as I can afford. You can see
where this is going, right?

I wouldn't let Persia out with me; it's 38F! But then - gasp! I had the
nerve to bring the cooked fish inside! OMG slap me!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...61081170nRSLCB

Persia is actually very good... I just make her *seem* evil when it comes to
fish. (Okay, she IS evil when it comes to fish, except she hates canned
tuna.) I adore fish - except raw fish, don't try to change my mind - but
this is the first time I've cooked a shark steak.

Persia also got upset because the smell of grilling shark apparently
attracted that neighborhood cat who is allowed to run loose. So Persia
knocked over my African Violet in an attempt to chase it away and then came
to me indignant with a huge puffy tail meowing urgently at me, "That cat is
gonna get the fish!". Nope, Persia; she has cat mitts, not oven mitts

Jill -- who did cave and give her a little bit; she loved it and so do I;
and for under $5 including the steamed in foil new potatoes and brussels
sprouts (from frozen) I have a meal for 2 days.

Old January 27th 05, 11:57 PM
Mischief

hehehehe

When I clicked on the link and saw the picture of the fish, I half
expected to see a kitty paw in the shot!

Kristi

Old January 28th 05, 12:06 AM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
hehehehe

When I clicked on the link and saw the picture of the fish, I half
expected to see a kitty paw in the shot!

Kristi

LOL nope, I put her bit in her food dish!

Jill

Old January 28th 05, 12:08 AM
Jo Firey

That looks yummy and I don't even much like shark. Then again I'm guessing
there are several types of edible shark and I've only tried it once.

Jo
. ..

Old January 28th 05, 12:13 AM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
That looks yummy and I don't even much like shark. Then again I'm
guessing there are several types of edible shark and I've only tried
it once.

Jo

Lots of things look yummy and don't necessarily turn out to be I bought
it because it was on sale for about $3 for a 1 lb. steak. This one was a
Mako. I'd had grilled swordfish years ago and the texture of this appeared
it would be much the same. I was right about that; more like a beef steak
than fish (which was fine). It was tasty. Probably won't buy it again any
time soon but it was a fun experiment.

Jill

. ..

Old January 28th 05, 12:15 AM
Mischief

Well, of course you did, like the proper slave you are!

I cooked salmon last week and Mischief was going NUTS. But I didn't
give her any, because the last time I did she make a VERY SMELLY
deposit in the litterbox.

Kristi

Old January 28th 05, 12:17 AM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
Well, of course you did, like the proper slave you are!

I cooked salmon last week and Mischief was going NUTS. But I didn't
give her any, because the last time I did she make a VERY SMELLY
deposit in the litterbox.

Kristi

Oh dear. She went to take a nap so I'll have to see if she does a smelly in
the litterbox later. Thankfully I scoop it every day

Jill

Old January 28th 05, 12:17 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 27 Jan 2005 06:51:09p, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:t6fKd.23979$ky2.17685
@bignews4.bellsouth.net):

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...61081170nRSLCB

YUM! Can't blame Persia for wanting that.

--
Cheryl
Old January 28th 05, 01:17 AM
Lois Reay

Looks yummy Jill, Mako is also very nice smoked.
I try to eat one or two fish meals a week since being diagnosed diabetic
just before Christmas.

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz
--

. ..

Old January 28th 05, 04:52 AM
Marina

Lois Reay wrote:

Looks yummy Jill, Mako is also very nice smoked.
I try to eat one or two fish meals a week since being diagnosed diabetic
just before Christmas.

Hi Lois. How are you doing with your diabetes? If you ever want to ask
advice or just talk, my inbox is always open. I have type I and I
imagine you have type II, which I don't know as much about, but still,
if you need a shoulder and 35 years of experience with this thing, give
me a shout.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki