Help me my kitten wont drink and he sleeps all the time

Old October 21st 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Help me my kitten wont drink and he sleeps all the time

Gail Futoran wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm trying to give him some of the Pediatric Electrolyte with the
syringe but not much seems to be getting down his throat I really hope
he doesnt die soon whenever I try to give him water he gets away.

Please stop giving your kitten human food! He cannot digest it, and
whatever his problem is, you're just making it worse.

Hmmm, is that true of the elctrolytes? I used to give Pedialyte to my
rabbit when he was not eating or drinking much and the vet agreed with
it. Is there something in Pedialyte that would be harmful to cats?

Rhonda

Old October 21st 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:
Gail Futoran wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...

I'm trying to give him some of the Pediatric Electrolyte with the
syringe but not much seems to be getting down his throat I really hope
he doesnt die soon whenever I try to give him water he gets away.

Please stop giving your kitten human food! He cannot digest it, and
whatever his problem is, you're just making it worse.Hmmm, is that true of the elctrolytes? I used to give Pedialyte to my

rabbit when he was not eating or drinking much and the vet agreed with
it. Is there something in Pedialyte that would be harmful to cats?

Rhonda

Well right now I'm just waiting for my brother to get home he didnt
even come home last night and he didnt call but when he gets back were
going to take the kitten right away. How long are the vets open on
Saturdays?

Old October 21st 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stacey Weinberger

I'd call them to find out.

Stacey

wrote in message
oups.com...

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:
Gail Futoran wrote:
roups.com...

Old October 21st 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 11:12 am, "Stacey Weinberger"
wrote:
I'd call them to find out.

Stacey

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:
Gail Futoran wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...

I'm trying to give him some of the Pediatric Electrolyte with the
syringe but not much seems to be getting down his throat I really hope
he doesnt die soon whenever I try to give him water he gets away.

Please stop giving your kitten human food! He cannot digest it, and
whatever his problem is, you're just making it worse.Hmmm, is that true
of the elctrolytes? I used to give Pedialyte to my
rabbit when he was not eating or drinking much and the vet agreed with
it. Is there something in Pedialyte that would be harmful to cats?

Rhonda

Well right now I'm just waiting for my brother to get home he didnt
even come home last night and he didnt call but when he gets back were
going to take the kitten right away. How long are the vets open on
Saturdays?

We have an appointment at 1:45 and its 11:30 right now the vet will
probably use a tube to give him liquids and food and would they give us
antibiotics for him?

Old October 21st 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

wrote:

On Oct 21, 11:12 am, "Stacey Weinberger"
wrote:

I'd call them to find out.

Stacey

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:

Gail Futoran wrote:

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

Flare, they'll give you antibiotics if they think he has an infection.
I'm sure they'll go over all of the medications choices with you.

I'm glad you have an appointment. Let us know how it goes!

Are you going to be able to go even if your brother doesn't come home
before then? Do you have another way to get there?

Rhonda

Old October 21st 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 11:40 am, Rhonda wrote:
wrote:

On Oct 21, 11:12 am, "Stacey Weinberger"
wrote:

I'd call them to find out.

Stacey

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:

Gail Futoran wrote:

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

If my brother isnt back my mom will just take me.

Old October 21st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

wrote:

On Oct 21, 11:12 am, "Stacey Weinberger"
wrote:

I'd call them to find out.

Stacey

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Oct 21, 10:13 am, Rhonda wrote:

Gail Futoran wrote:

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

I just got back and they didnt really say much... i'm not sure what the
problem is but he is dehydrated so they put some liquids under his skin
and right now he's eating! He didnt eat much this morning but right
when we got back he went right over and started eating the wet food.
They also gave us some antibiotics to give him for 10 days I'll keep
updating everyday about how the antibiotics are going thanks for the
help everyone.

Old October 21st 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote

I just got back and they didnt really say much... i'm not sure what the
problem is but he is dehydrated so they put some liquids under his skin
and right now he's eating! He didnt eat much this morning but right
when we got back he went right over and started eating the wet food.
They also gave us some antibiotics to give him for 10 days I'll keep
updating everyday about how the antibiotics are going thanks for the
help everyone.

That's great that he started eating. My vet once told me that when cats
stop eating it is a vicious cycle--the less they eat the worse they feel and
the less they feel like eating. Bet the fluids made your kitten feel good
enough
that he got some of his appetite back! Good job!