Thanksgiving

Old November 22nd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Thanksgiving

This Thursday is Thanksgiving day here in the US. Not being a native,
this is a non-traditional holiday for me. I guess growing up New Years
was our Thanksgiving, since grandma always made sure the entire family
went to church on December 31 to "say thanks".
Saying thanks is something that most of us forget in our busy every day
lives. Often times, it takes a tragedy to make us realize how much there
is to give thanks for every single day. The mere miracle of waking up is
enough to be thankful for, even if the day turns out to be a struggle
full of pain. There is a quote I like a lot:

If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that
would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

One of the things I'm most thankful of is the Fantastic Seven. They
bring so much joy to our lives!!! I am also very thankful for having a
good job that pays the money I need to buy them all their stuff... ;-)
Seriously, I am very thankful for the life I live, the people and
animals I share it with and the promise of a happy future. I am very
thankful also, to be part of this wonderful community, where so many
people, from so many cultures and widely different backgrounds, come
together to share our stories and our affection.

So here's my thanksgiving prayer:
Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
which my yoga teacher translates as:
May all beings everywhere, be happy and free.

Namaste. (the light/divinity/Higher Self within me, bows before the
light/divinity/Higher Self within you)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 22nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Victor, You share a favorite quote that I love also. The paper has a
comic strip called Mutts that the cartoonist is using that quote in his
cartoons every day for the last week. http://muttscomics.com/

I am also thankful for my six pack of furballs . Every day I think what
would I do with out them and I could not imagine life with out them. Every
time I am out and I see a stray cat go across my path. I come home and give
each of them some love. I thanks the gods every time that happens that they
are part of my life. I wish I could bring them all home and share a home
with them but I think we all feel this way.

It is going to be a lonely holiday season for me but I have my six pack
to keep my spirits up. In fact my Spirit is doing his best to beg a snack
out of me and of course it is working. :-)

I want to say how thankful I am to this group even though I have not met
anyone face to face. I feel that everyone is part of my family. I have
felt the pain, felt the joy, felt the sadness and the heart ache of loss. I
have shed tears of joy and loss but I would not have it any other way. My
thanks goes to out to everyone during this holiday season and the years to
come.

Matthew

Old November 22nd 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

I like your prayer very much, Victor! I'm thankful for the chunky furball
who is trying to get between me and the computer, and for the other one, who
is sleeping on the clean laundry. I have many things to be thankful for,
and I am.

Joy

Old November 22nd 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

[...]

I'm very thankful that I still have my Bandit with me - 17 years old, blind,
arthritic, and mean as sin... but I love her. And of course for Demi and
Jessie and Sammy who always make sure my home is filled with love and
laughter.

But one of the things I'm most thankful for is this group. You people have
helped me through some *VERY* difficult times. You listened to me whine,
you gave me words of hope when I was dispairing and suicidal, you gave me
good advice when I needed it, and a wake-up call when I needed that. You
were here for me more than my RL family and friends and I can not say how
very much I love you all.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Old November 22nd 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:
[...]

Now this is a nice thread to start, Victor. Sometimes it about takes a
club over the head to jolt me into realizing just how many things I
have to be thankful for. Denise's death yesterday was one. So many
little things every single day I just take for granted. I am resolving
to never do that anymore.

Sherry

Old November 22nd 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:36:10 -0600, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

[...]

Same to you and your whole family, Victor. Your grandma raised you
right.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:36:10 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

What better prayer can a person utter? I am thankful for so many
things, yet I often forget to say the words. so, here goes. I thank
God for giving me such good friends around the world; who stand by me
in sickness and in health, the good times and the bad, and the funny.
I thank God for my beloved pets, and my faithful son. And I am so very
thankful for enough income to see to my needs and the good medical
insurance I need and dedication aand good care at my local clinic. And
I am so very thankful for a turkey and all the trimmings to go with
it. And the cats will get plenty of the white meat, too. ;-)

--
CATherine
Old November 24th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that
would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

One of the things I'm most thankful of is the Fantastic Seven. They bring
so much joy to our lives!!! I am also very thankful for having a good job
that pays the money I need to buy them all their stuff... ;-)
Seriously, I am very thankful for the life I live, the people and animals
I share it with and the promise of a happy future. I am very thankful
also, to be part of this wonderful community, where so many people, from
so many cultures and widely different backgrounds, come together to share
our stories and our affection.

Thanks Victor. We all need to be reminded sometimes to give thanks for all
we have. I'm thankful for my owners, all nine of them...ten if you include
the cichlid "Foosh." I'm thankful for my husband who is truly my better
self. I'm thankful for my children, who have taught me humility at the same
time as they have made me proud. I'm thankful for our relatives and
friends, both on the net and in person. (I found out today that I'm a great
aunt! I seem to recall that some one else in here is a great aunt, but
they're too modest to say so) I'm grateful for the wonderful people who hare
so supportive in here and other USENET groups. Most of all, I'm grateful
for the chance to be able to say so.

Pam S. bursting with joy this year.

Old November 25th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:17:44 GMT, "tanada"
wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Thanks Victor. We all need to be reminded sometimes to give thanks for all
we have. I'm thankful for my owners, all nine of them...ten if you include
the cichlid "Foosh." I'm thankful for my husband who is truly my better
self. I'm thankful for my children, who have taught me humility at the same
time as they have made me proud. I'm thankful for our relatives and
friends, both on the net and in person. (I found out today that I'm a great
aunt! I seem to recall that some one else in here is a great aunt, but
they're too modest to say so) I'm grateful for the wonderful people who hare
so supportive in here and other USENET groups. Most of all, I'm grateful
for the chance to be able to say so.

Pam S. bursting with joy this year.

Hi Pam,

I am a great great aunt, and I am not yet 50! I am thankful that I am
reunited with my son and daughter, and that I now have 3 beautiful
granddaughters. I am thankful that I have a wonderful hubby, and that
I have good friends all around. I am thankful for my brothers and
sisters, and my aunts and uncles. They helped me get through my mom's
death this past summer, and have been there when I am down.

And I am thankful for you all. You have been there with purrs when I
needed them, and that means a lot.

Mishi