Evey time

Old March 23rd 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Evey time

I am not going to make a decision about her while she is able to climb
nearly 8 feet up a wire thingie hanging on the conservatory wall to perch on
the top to enjoy a ray of sunshine she's spotted shining up there, nor when
she's decided for the last 4 or 5 days "gimme cat food again, I'm hungry."

I never thought she'd eat cat food again. I can't remember the last time
she didn't want chicken or mince or anything except cat food. I'm so happy
about it. It's better for her and better for me.

Although we did have a blip with her today. I'll start another post about
it.

Tweed

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i firmly beleive that they will tell you when it is time, and being as she
has been feisty in her younger days, this might be a way of being contrary
without doing anything agressive, just know i pray every day that you do
what is best for her and that you will be comfortable with the decision
when it is made, that program i heard with nancy kay said that she has more
people in her support groups regretting keeping animals her too long rather
than too soon sending them to the bridge, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
that I wonder if it's KFC's time for the Bridge it is not. She likes to
confuse her vet with that too.
Ah, you should see her perhaps to make a decision

Old March 23rd 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
MLB wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
that I wonder if it's KFC's time for the Bridge it is not. She
likes to confuse her vet with that too.
Ah, you should see her perhaps to make a decision

Any chance of a picture? Purrs for KFC, and you. MLB
CN put some of Tweed's pictures on her site a couple of years ago.
http://www.possibleplaces.com/tweed/

Thank you, Adrian, for posting the pictures. I do remember them now.
Whenever I file them in my computer, they seem to be lost forever. I
never seem to be able to find them. KFC looks frail

She does? That was taken in 04 (ish) when she was perfectly fine. She is a
very small cat.
My aunt took the photos, I didn't have a digital camera myself at the time,
she was staying with me to help while I recovered from yet another eye op
when I was not allowed to bend or reach.

Tweed

I am glad to hear KFC is having some good days and hope she has many. UMHO I guess any cat would look frail to me after TuTu who ismhuge. Best wishes. MLB

Old March 24th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
I am not going to make a decision about her while she is able to climb
nearly 8 feet up a wire thingie hanging on the conservatory wall to perch on
the top to enjoy a ray of sunshine she's spotted shining up there, nor when
she's decided for the last 4 or 5 days "gimme cat food again, I'm hungry."

I never thought she'd eat cat food again. I can't remember the last time
she didn't want chicken or mince or anything except cat food. I'm so happy
about it. It's better for her and better for me.

That is really wonderful news, since it looks like she is going to be
with you for a long time yet, and she will need all the nutrients she
can get. I'm so happy for you both!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 24th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
I am not going to make a decision about her while she is able to climb
nearly 8 feet up a wire thingie hanging on the conservatory wall to perch
on the top to enjoy a ray of sunshine she's spotted shining up there, nor
when she's decided for the last 4 or 5 days "gimme cat food again, I'm
hungry."

I never thought she'd eat cat food again. I can't remember the last time
she didn't want chicken or mince or anything except cat food. I'm so
happy about it. It's better for her and better for me.

That is really wonderful news, since it looks like she is going to be with
you for a long time yet, and she will need all the nutrients she can get.
I'm so happy for you both!

Thank you. It's amazing. She is now eating like a horse.
She is around my feet all the time asking for food and any/all cat food is
acceptable. Never mind roast chicken or raw mince, gimme the cat food.
Unbelievable.
I've been at my wit's end with her for ages about her food - this is
fantastic.
It may not last, but I do hope so.

No squits up to now around my neighbour feeding her. Phew. Hang on a
minute, she's just gone to the litterbox. No, it's okay, just a wee ;-)

Tweed

Old March 24th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

;-)
Tweed

It looks like you've both been lucky.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 25th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
No squits up to now around my neighbour feeding her. Phew. Hang on a

minute, she's just gone to the litterbox. No, it's okay, just a wee
;-)
Tweed

It looks like you've both been lucky.

I do appreciate my neighbour phoning about KFC, it was very kind of her. It
was nice that she put her in the porch as I asked, too.
I know quite well why she fed her when she saw all the cat food stored
there - it was because she picked her up and felt how frail she was. She
probably thought I was starving her.
I do not want her to feed Kitty again so I left the saucer she'd provided in
the porch with the remaining food on. If I was grateful, I would have
washed it and returned it. That's the sort of subtle hints us Brits do. I
do not have to say to her now "please do not feed my cat again, she's been
ill and I know what I'm doing."
Jenny has fetched her saucer from my porch, unwashed, today. She's been
thanked for rescuing Kitty but that saucer says it all.
I doubt she'll feed her again. She now knows this without me having to say
it. Which is a relief. It seems so ungrateful, but it would have been
impossible for me to march next door and say "please do not feed my cat" she
would have been offended.
She thought she was doing her best. And she was.

No sunshine today. It rained a bit Kitty has stayed in the house.

Tweed

Old March 26th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
[...]

That's such good news.

You made me think about the subtle hints we Brits give. I hadn't thought
about it, just been doing it.

Judith

IMHO honesty is the best policy. Just thank her kindly and tell her
your cat is presently on a special diet due to her age and that food is
not in the conservatory. Be direct -- don't beat around the bush. This
way there will be no misunderstanding in case you need her help again.
Best wishes for the little lady. MLB
Old March 26th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I do appreciate my neighbour phoning about KFC, it was very kind of her.
It was nice that she put her in the porch as I asked, too. I know
quite well why she fed her when she saw all the cat food stored there -
it was because she picked her up and felt how frail she was. She
probably thought I was starving her. I do not want her to feed Kitty
again so I left the saucer she'd provided in the porch with the
remaining food on. If I was grateful, I would have washed it and
returned it. That's the sort of subtle hints us Brits do. I do not
have to say to her now "please do not feed my cat again, she's been ill
and I know what I'm doing."

It might be what YOU do, but I communicate in words.

I'd have had no idea how to interpret that behaviour.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====