Zooooomies!

Old March 24th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Zooooomies!

Spring is definitely trying to spring! It's just the way Persia likes it.
Chilly in the morning but it will warm up later. Forget about nose-tapping.
She's been getting the zoomies early every morning for the last week. It
starts on the bed. She starts scratching wildly (this is one time I'm glad
she's front-declawed) at the coverlet. Then she dashes off into the closet,
out to the living room. Whomph! Back up on the bed, scratch, scratch,
scratch. I'm inwardly groaning and chuckling at the same time. Then she
settles down next to me and does her obligatory nose-tap. Hey you, where's
my cheezburger?

Obviously I haven't slept through the zoom-session but I pretend I was still
sleeping. I reach over and pet her. She starts talking to me between
purrs. "Mrruph. Ow. Mrruph-ow?" She tells me I absolutely must get up
now because she's starving. And I wouldn't want her to starve, would I?!
Of course not. Oh, and "Ow". The litterbox could use a scooping. Yes,
your Majesty

Not too long after that, the sun decides to wake up with the rest of us. It
beams in through the glass doors in the living room. And Persia decides
it's the perfect time to take a nap in a lovely patch of sun. (Of course,
I'm now wide awake whether I like it or not. Thankfully I have some wacky
online friends who are also awake at that hour.)

Forget the groundhog; Persia knows when Spring has Sprung

Jill

Old March 24th 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Mar 24, 5:22*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

You're not alone, Nina has been having mad Zoomies all weekend. =o)
Sometimes, even Francesca gets them--mostly when Nina is chasing her
around the apartment.

Melissa
Old March 25th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"ScratchMonkey"
Shiral
You're not alone, Nina has been having mad Zoomies all weekend. =o)

Harley's version of zoomies includes a big bushy tail. It's another reason
my pet name for her is Squirrel. The big tail either means she's ****ed or
she's ecstatic, and it's fun to watch her tail expand as she chases toys
around the floor.

Mosey and Pookie get the zoomies, but usually end up in a hiss spit.."that's
MY spot on daddy...hiss...and they both love to run over my knees...OW!!
bad kitties!!
Then, like Persia, they're off for their nap, usually curled up together.
Mosey and Sqweex both have big bushy tails. I think Mosey has a crush on
Gandalf's kitty, Kenzie. All 4 of them are sitting by the sliding glass
door listening to the frog in the bushes 'ribbit' NO! you can't go out, no
way...then come the dirty looks...but Mahhhhhhhhm...
Cats are better than TV, I'll tell ya. Living cartoons they are.
People who don't like cats don't know what they're missing. Don't get me
wrong, I love d*gs too, but I'd rather be owned by kitties.
Love
Kyla