Flea Season

Old June 30th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Flea Season

Our weather hasn't been terrible hot, and we water the yard and garden quite
a bit, so we are pretty much at the peak of flea season.

So today is the day, Advantage for everyone and heartworm meds for Kayla.
We have no fools in this house. (except for maybe me) Kayla saw me reach
for the top shelf in the refrigerator door and headed under the sofa. All I
was after was her heartworm treat and she likes that one. But she knows
what comes next. So I load up the large syringe for her and the smaller one
for Molly. Jake will get his later.

Kayla gets out the back door into the yard and forgets every command she has
ever learned. Sit, Stay, Down, Come, Behave. All to use. She also knows
"no bite" and off, but those wouldn't help.

I swear, I cannot smell this stuff and I've had it all over my hands an
didn't feel anything. But all the critters just hate it.

Finally got Charlie to hold Kayla so she is treated. Molly will be the next
victim. Charlie insists Jake be allowed a reprieve unless he is actually
sporting fleas.

But this stuff is potent. It took off my nail polish where it touched, and
even softened the surface of an acrylic nail. That takes a powerful
solvent.

A reminder to those of you who have had exceptionally wet weather. The
fleas just love it. Don't let them get the upper hand.

Jo

Old July 1st 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Jeff saw a flea on Barney today - and all the cats got their Revolution
treatment, Betty being the last since she's so skittish. She came up and
cuddled with me earlier this evening (I was on the bed reading - she likes
to curl up in a C shape and use my side for a pillow, and get skritchins)
and I hollered softly for DH and he came and applied it while I was
scratching her ears. but she didn't stay much longer after. she soon
realized that the stinky stuff that we put on the other cats was on HER, and
bolted.

A few hours later *I* started feeling itchy, so I took a long, HOT shower!

In ,
jofirey purred:
[...]

OT since it almost tax season Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 6 March 22nd 06 01:56 PM
'Tis the Season [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 November 21st 05 03:13 PM
'Tis the Season Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 0 November 20th 05 02:06 PM
end of season Argo Cat anecdotes 3 September 13th 05 05:51 PM
end of season Cwaazee Caatt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 05:51 PM