Nose Kisses

Old March 28th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Nose Kisses

An email from Flippy reminded me of something nice that happened this
weekend and I thought I'd share. When I took Hobbes to the vet on
Saturday, we didn't have an appointment so they put us in a room,
weighed Hobbes and left us there. They checked in with us once or
twice but basically we had to wait until they had some free time to
examine Hobbes. He eventually relaxed so much that he fell asleep.
When the vet finally came in about 1 1/2 hours later Hobbes was very
relaxed and she approached telling him how handsome he is and rubbing
his chin and cheeks. She put her face down near his to rub her chin
on his head and he lifted his head and slowly reached a paw out to
touch her cheek and then he gave her a kitty kiss - nose to nose. She
just melted and for a short while at least he was her favorite cat of
the day. I was a huge awww moment. I'm thinking this wait a minimum
of 30 minutes might make a visit to the vet less stressful.'

Julie and Hobbes

Old March 28th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CDC

I second the "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" sentiment! Mine don't have much in the way
of "cute" moments at the vet, except when we let them loose in the exam room
and they start exploring - I'm telling them not to break anything expensive
(like they'll actually listen!) and the vet tells me "anything they break
shouldn't be sitting out in the first place!" I will admit it's always
amusing to see them go DASHING back into their crates when they're done when
it took a miracle to get them in there in the first place.

A sweet vet moment - we took the hound and the two kitties in to have
everything done at once. Dog's exam is first, and my little brother took
him back out to the lobby and then the cats had their exams. Apparently a
cat *somewhere* in the vets office was very vocally unhappy - my brother
said the dog got *very* concerned hearing the yowls and was AT the exam door
thinking it was "his" kitties that were upset.

All the furkids send good vibes to Hobbes for continued good recovery.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
oups.com...

Old March 28th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 27, 11:54 pm, "GaDragonfly" wrote:
[...]

It sounds like a lovely moment. Our Winnie is so eager for petting,
even from strangers, that he wrist-grabs vets, vet-techs and groomers
routinely for some head skritching. These people are all very good at
picking up on his need for affection and he likes vet visits if no
pain is involved. At the other extreme is Missy, Hisser at HooMANS,
whose ambition seems to be to put someone in the emergency room. She
has drawn no blood but mine for several years now and not much of
mine. For a four-poind cat, though, her ferocity is widely respected.
She doesn't hate vets, she hates people. Human people, anyway.

Will in New Haven

Old March 28th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 28 Mar 2007 08:08:46 -0700, "Will in New Haven"
yodeled:

[...]

Tiny Mimi (RB) was extra-adept at squirting out of the vet's hands,
and heading for the hills. I remember him chasing her around the
office, moaning "Why is it always the little ones?"

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 28th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CDC wrote:
I second the "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" sentiment! Mine don't have much in
the way of "cute" moments at the vet, except when we let them loose
in the exam room and they start exploring - I'm telling them not to
break anything expensive (like they'll actually listen!) and the vet
tells me "anything they break shouldn't be sitting out in the first
place!" I will admit it's always amusing to see them go DASHING back
into their crates when they're done when it took a miracle to get
them in there in the first place.

Indeed! I have to smush Persia into the carrier but once we hit the exam
room at the vet she can't wait to get back into the thing!

A sweet vet moment - we took the hound and the two kitties in to have
everything done at once. Dog's exam is first, and my little brother
took him back out to the lobby and then the cats had their exams.
Apparently a cat *somewhere* in the vets office was very vocally
unhappy - my brother said the dog got *very* concerned hearing the
yowls and was AT the exam door thinking it was "his" kitties that
were upset.

All the furkids send good vibes to Hobbes for continued good recovery.

- Cindy

Ditto with the good vibes and purrs for Hobbes!

The only cute vet moment I know of is the last time I boarded Persia and my
lovebird, Peaches, and I wasn't there to witness it! Someone left the door
to the cat room ajar and Persia decided to go in search of Peaches. She
found her way into the grooming room and stood up on her hind legs to look
at Peaches. I gather she just wanted to make sure she wasn't the only one
being held captive

Jill

Old March 28th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

I just love kitty cat kisses! Only three of ours are serious kissers. Stosh
likes the nose-to-nose kind and will give me several in a row, butting his
little wet nose into mine one after another. If he's feeling playful he'll
give me the lightest nips, just enough for me to feel his teeth. Brandy will
go one further and lick my nose. Sabrina will respond to kissy-noises and
give Louie or me the most delicate touch right on the lips. Roxie and Odessa
prefer to show us affection backwards, so to speak, and prefer to offer us
their behinds. Odessa especially is hilarious with this, because she'll back
her tuchas into Louie's face like a bulldozer (she prefers to offer her
delicate regions to men, as Stosh prefers to save his kisses for ladies) and,
at times, will let go with a majestic catfart that can curl Louie's beard.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old March 28th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

[...]

Awwwwww. I *LOVE* nose kisses - I even trained Bandit to give me them for
scritchins!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 28th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

GaDragonfly wrote:

[...]

That's adorable. And it sounds like the vet is a real animal lover. (You'd
assume they all are, but obviously some are more than others.)

I always feel so proud when one of my kitties does something sweet or cute
in front of another person.

Joyce
Old March 29th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:6fdee9afaad8e@uwe...
[...]

Catfarts are *deadly*... and of course, utterly silent!

Yowie

Old March 29th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Yowie purred:
[...]

Smokie's and Ping's farts are anything but silent. 'know the sound a
balloon makes when you let the air out by squeeze/pinch the neck? that
FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound? Usually followed by the sound of
humans gasping for air LOL

OL, I exaggerate - the sound isn't that long (I don't think cats can hold
that much air, can they?)

Eeeeek! Kitty kisses! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 16 October 23rd 06 12:50 AM
Kitty Kisses jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 November 5th 05 07:18 AM
Kitty Kisses Flippy Cat anecdotes 12 May 31st 05 12:17 PM
Nose Kisses? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 August 4th 04 09:34 AM
Cat Kisses Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 15 September 14th 03 03:37 AM