New @#$#$% morning ritual:

Old April 1st 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default New @#$#$% morning ritual:

Special thanks to the current pet food disaster

1. Stumble out of bed, open bedroom door to be greeted by gang of cats, one
of which has a drinking straw in her mouth (Betty), in hopes of playing
fetch with Daddy.

2. Stumble to bathroom, followed by and occasionally tripping over 12
hungry (STARVING) cats, rubbing sleep out of my eyes along the way, just to
relieve my bladder.

3. Check internet news feeds for any new pet food recall information, with
one dozen hungry (STARVING) cats winding around my ankles (and occasionally
nibbling a toe).

4. If our brands not listed (just FYI, cats get a blend of Nutro Max
"roasted chicken" and Purina Cat Chow - they like the cat chow better, but
Nutro is supposedly healthier for them), feed said hungry (STARVING) dozen
cats, again trying not to trip over or step on any of them in the process...
and pushing them away from the food dishes - how can you dump a scoop of
kibble in a dish if said hungry (STARVING) cat has practically planted it's
furry but *IN* the food dish?

5. Make way to kitchen for caffeine drink and my own brekky.

6. Sit down at computer, listening to dozen cats crunching kibble, read
hilarious (HORRENDOUS) story from Lacey & Barnabus, spew brekky-laced
caffeine drink all over monitor.

7. Get paper towels to clean up messy monitor and finish browsing
newsgroups and message boards.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old April 1st 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Magic Mood Jeep)" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds normal to me ;~}

Charlie is making me crazy. He is frantic about the recall. Which I
understand. But he wants me to give him a complete list of all the recalled
food. Not practical. It would make him even crazier.

We only feed dry food but that isn't calming him AT ALL.

I've told him to read labels for "wheat gluten" but neither of us has been
able to read labels without both glasses and a magnifying glass and bright
light for YEARS.

Have explained several times that wheat flour, corn gluten does not equal
wheat gluten. Just means we could probably find a better doggie treat.

This is going to be drawn out for a long time isn't it?

In the mean time I bought, cooked and hand fed Jake fresh wild filet of sole
last night. ($5.88 a pound).

Jo

Old April 1st 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
Special thanks to the current pet food disaster

snip hilarious post

I'm so glad I feed my cats fresh meat only.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old April 1st 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:47:55 -0400, jofirey wrote:

I've told him to read labels for "wheat gluten" but neither of us has been
able to read labels without both glasses and a magnifying glass and bright
light for YEARS.

They do it on purpose, the B*st*rds.

Have explained several times that wheat flour, corn gluten does not equal
wheat gluten. Just means we could probably find a better doggie treat.

This is going to be drawn out for a long time isn't it?

I'm sorry to say it looks that way.

In the mean time I bought, cooked and hand fed Jake fresh wild filet of sole
last night. ($5.88 a pound).

Hey, if I send you twelve bucks will you send me a coupla pounds?? :-)

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old April 2nd 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jofirey wrote:

I've told him to read labels for "wheat gluten" but neither of us has been
able to read labels without both glasses and a magnifying glass and bright
light for YEARS.

I carry reading glasses with me wherever I go! You never know when some
ordinary object will have text on it printed in that horrible tiny font they
all seem to be using these days.

Joyce
Old April 3rd 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Apr 1, 11:47 am, "jofirey" wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep)" wrote in ...

Special thanks to the current pet food disaster

I've told him to read labels for "wheat gluten" but neither of us has
been
able to read labels without both glasses and a magnifying glass and
bright
light for YEARS.

Have explained several times that wheat flour, corn gluten does not
equal
wheat gluten. Just means we could probably find a better doggie
treat.

LOL I was shopping for doggie treats today--taking my glasses off and
perching them on a convienient shelf as I squinted at the labels--and
ended up not buying anything. I may have to just make some myself.

PatM