OT - Scared Spitless!!!

Old September 11th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Scared Spitless!!!

Ike is headed this way and it's expected that Houston is going to get the
"dirty side" of the storm - it will probably be a category 4 by the time it
hits, with sustained winds upward of 130MPH. There is already mandatory
evacuation orders issued for coastal cities like Galveston.

We have no supplies ready (my surgery has taken up most of our attention and
money lately). We're not in the least ready for this!

Ben's company *won't* let him come home to prepare, even though we're
supposed to start getting the effects in the next 24 hours, and my son tells
me that the stores' shelves are already empty, and gas stations are closing
because they're out of gas (and both our cars are on empty). I can't do
anything because I can't lift anything over 5 pounds and am not even
supposed to be walking around too much - I certainly can't drive for the
next 2 weeks.

I'm not worried about evacuating - we're not going to since we're outside of
the 100-year flood plain. I'm more worried about the winds and not having
boarding on all the glass doors and windows this old house has - not good
with 26 trees in our yard.

Anyway, I'm probably working myself into a panic (gawds, I hate being home
alone when something like this is going on and the news stations are
screaming disaster and destruction so they'll get more ratings!)

OK, Ben just now called and said he "walked out" of his work - his
supervisor had already left so he left a note on her desk saying he wasn't
going to wait around there until his company "got a clue". They were
putting up sandbags in the front of his office, but not letting their
employees go home. Want to know how important the work was that they were
asking their employers to risk homes and families?? He's a telephone help
tech for a cell phone company!!!! He's probably going to get fired for
doing that, but I have to say I'm glad he did and proud of him!

Please can we get some purrs - safety through the storm purrs, nerve calming
purrs, and "please don't let Ben get fired" purrs. I know the power of purr
and I'm counting on your support.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 11th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Please can we get some purrs - safety through the storm purrs, nerve
calming purrs, and "please don't let Ben get fired" purrs. I know the
power of purr and I'm counting on your support.

We're sending all the requested types of purrs. It's unbelievable that
Ben's company would expect their employees to stay at the office when
such a big storm is so close! Good for him for coming home.
Old September 11th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
snip
Please can we get some purrs - safety through the storm purrs, nerve
calming purrs, and "please don't let Ben get fired" purrs. I know
the power of purr and I'm counting on your support.

Stay safe and keep job purrs on the way. You _know_ how powerful purrs can
be.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 11th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

On Sep 11, 1:10*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

See all my masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Purrs for your safety and sanity!
Old September 11th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Stay saft purrs on the way. Peter has family in Texas City. I've been
watching the weather channel all day.

I hope Ben's boss gets a clue and realizes a persons safety and their
family's are the most important thing.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old September 11th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

All of the above, plus cyber-hugs.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 11th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

[...]

Purrs for all of you to make it through the storm.
And just think of the newspaper story it would make if Ben gets fired
for leaving when they were sandbagging the building and his supervisor
had left.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 11th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

CatNipped wrote:
snip scary story

Please can we get some purrs - safety through the storm purrs, nerve calming
purrs, and "please don't let Ben get fired" purrs. I know the power of purr
and I'm counting on your support.

Safety purrs are on the way - and litterbox offerings for Ben's company!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old September 11th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for your house and family's
well-being.

Lily & her mama

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old September 11th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If he gets fired, contact every newspaper, tv outlet yuou can find. Imagine
they are sand bagging, the boss left and you are Forbidden to go to your
family. NOT.

Sounds like that nursing home where they left the patients in bed during
Katrina. Corse, they gave those two a pat on the back for leaving their
charges when they had help at a point to get out.

I really do believe in God, not necessarily the churchie kind but, these
kinds of things make it hard.