I Need a Plan "B"

Old March 28th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I Need a Plan "B"

Lucy's Mom wrote in
:

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!! Exciting is not "quite" the
word I would use, though!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?

Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

--
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men.
Old March 28th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 28 Mar 2006 20:54:58 GMT, Chakolate
wrote:

Lucy's Mom wrote in
:

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!! Exciting is not "quite" the
word I would use, though!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?

Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

uh-huh; me too. The thought of one of *them* the size of a small VW
made me giggle before I re-read the sentence properly and realised
what they were talking about!

Tish
Old March 28th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!! Exciting is not "quite" the
word I would use, though!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?

Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

uh-huh; me too. The thought of one of *them* the size of a small VW
made me giggle before I re-read the sentence properly and realised
what they were talking about!

Whatever are you evil women talking about?

Old March 28th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:13:28 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!! Exciting is not "quite" the
word I would use, though!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?

Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

uh-huh; me too. The thought of one of *them* the size of a small VW
made me giggle before I re-read the sentence properly and realised
what they were talking about!

Whatever are you evil women talking about?

If you have to ask, you're too young to know, Ms Spring Chicken!!
Old March 29th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:

wrote:

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?
Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

uh-huh; me too. The thought of one of *them* the size of a small VW
made me giggle

Eek, that sounds frightening!

Oh, and yes, I also made that substitution the first time I read that
post. LOL - bunch of women with One Thing On Our Minds.

Joyce
Old March 29th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Because "Plan A" was a miserable failure.
Armadillos aren't a new thing around here, we have them pretty often.
But I now have a young one that is completely destroying the yard. DH
is plenty upset but respects my "live and let live" attitude toward
wildlife and doesn't even mention killing it. But he did say it has to
go. I've been chasing it out of the yard, thinking it will "learn" to
stay outside the fence. First lesson was, "armadillos don't learn."
My next plan was to catch it and "relocate" it about 1/2 mile down by
the pond and hope it doesn't come back. My plan involved DH's beekeeper
shoulder-length gloves, a fishing net and a cardboard box.
I don't know if anyone but me has ever been stupid enough to try to
catch an armadillo, but man-o-mister, the poor thing completely freaked
out and so did I. Armadillos apparently can jump flat-footed five feet
in the air. I was NOT expecting that and it scared the bejeesus out of
me.
Now I'm just going to hope the ordeal scared the poor thing enough that
he will not only stay away, but tell all his friends and family about
the crazy woman with the net. Gad. I really hope it doesn't come back.
Sherry

You're going to have to trap it in a live trap and then relocate it. I
think they're pretty cute little things, especially when they are
young.
-L.
(no armadillos here...)

I've a true story since you brought up the subject: Not long before I moved
out of FL, I was driving south on the FL turnpike at about the Ft.
Lauderdale
level when I spotted something moving slowly way up ahead in my lane (the
far right, "slow" lane)....putting on my 4-way blinkers, I neared it and
came to
a full stop at a large armadillo, taking his time - almost off the highway,
but
w/about 10 feet to go to the grassy swale of safety. I was afraid of it, so
instead of trying to grab it in any way w/my hands, I began a series of firm
kicks (it retracted all its legs and head, just its nose stuck out a little)
and
with slowed traffic gaping at us, I managed to place-kick it not only off
the
road but down a steepish incline where it came to rest at the edge of a
near-dried-up watery ditch! Sprinting back to my truck, I was mortified
to notice an idling *black-and-yellow FHP* cruiser beside and a little
behind my truck, smiling and giving me a "thumbs-up"! Needless to say,
shouldna done that but powerless to resist. Maybe he/she was a
cowardly 'dillo. I used to hate to see them, squashed flat, on the roads
there.

Old March 29th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
wrote:
Tish Silberbauer wrote:

wrote:

Mine too! Speaking of South America, I believe there is a variety of
'dillo there the size of a small VW!!!

Okay, am I the only one who added an extra 'd' to 'dillo'?
Chak, with her Freudian slip showing

uh-huh; me too. The thought of one of *them* the size of a small VW
made me giggle

Eek, that sounds frightening!

Oh, and yes, I also made that substitution the first time I read that
post. LOL - bunch of women with One Thing On Our Minds.

Joyce

OH!! OH!! I just got that! *BLUSH* That's so funny!
I really need to get out more.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old March 29th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-28, Kreisleriana penned:

Reminds me of how when I was a little kid, I used to visualize the
great jazz singer, Elephant Gerald.

Hah! What a great image. Thanks for the laugh.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully