Precious Gets a Check-up

Old April 3rd 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Precious Gets a Check-up

John will be visiting most of April, arriving on 4/4. He's arranged for a
friend to drop by a couple of times a day to take care of Precious. He has
some backup folks lined up (they all know each other) who will come in if
needed. It's sort of a "cat tree" via phone

Precious has had a few incidents of vomiting in the last couple of weeks. A
change in food and smaller amounts throughout the day seemed to help for a
while. Then not so much. She was due for a checkup anyway, so off she went
this morning to the vet. He said she cried a bit on the drive over so he
poked his finger in a hole in the carrier and she laid her head against his
hand. Awwwww!

The vet said Precious is in excellent health for an 11 year old cat. She
did prescribe some R/x food because she seems to have a sensitive stomach.
I forget which formulation it is.

Anyway, I'm very happy Precious got a clean bill of health.

Jill

Old April 3rd 12, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, that's a good thing, especially since he'll be leaving her for a while.
I'm sure that diagnosis will make both your minds easier during his visit.

Joy

Old April 6th 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad to hear that too. Boyfie is due his annual check up & jabs in
June, he cries like a baby on the way there and although he didn't faint
last time, his legs wouldn't keep him up on the examination table. He will
go with Tigger, my brother's cat, again - who outwardly was brave with the
vet but his paws left wet prints on the table. So they both found it
stressful but expressed it in different ways.

KFC was a horror to take to the vet. I once took her in a cardboard cat
carrier and she had almost fought her way out of it by the time I got there,
popped her head out of the remnants of it on the table with eyes like
saucers and said "OK, who's first for a slashing?"

Tweed

Old April 7th 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Apr 6, 1:41*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

KFC was a horror to take to the vet. *I once took her in a cardboard cat
carrier and she had almost fought her way out of it by the time I got there,
popped her head out of the remnants of it on the table with eyes like
saucers and said *"OK, who's first for a slashing?"

Why am I suddenly imagining the feline version of "The Shining"?

Claws out "Heeeres KFC!!!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 7th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

KFC was a horror to take to the vet. I once took her in a cardboard cat
carrier and she had almost fought her way out of it by the time I got
there,
popped her head out of the remnants of it on the table with eyes like
saucers and said "OK, who's first for a slashing?"

Why am I suddenly imagining the feline version of "The Shining"?

Claws out "Heeeres KFC!!!"

***

LOL! I can see it.

Joy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Precious Update jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 12 07:30 AM
Living Vicariously through Precious jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 January 27th 12 03:09 PM
Buster's precious Takayuki Cat anecdotes 12 February 9th 10 02:29 AM
TOO precious!! Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 06 09:59 PM
Precious cat just had kitties NEED ADVICE mljack04 Cat health & behaviour 9 November 8th 06 11:51 PM