Eagle fox and cats hanging out together

Old March 28th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Eagle fox and cats hanging out together

Do cats, eagles, and foxes really hang out together? I was looking at the
fascinating bald eagle videos on YouTube and I came across this strange and
cute and stragely cute headscratcher of a scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEd6O0bBFs
Old March 29th 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Do cats, eagles, and foxes really hang out together? I was looking at the
fascinating bald eagle videos on YouTube and I came across this strange
and
cute and stragely cute headscratcher of a scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEd6O0bBFs

Didn't see an eagle but as they can take lambs I would not trust them around
my cat.
I know that foxes can be around cats safely, but I also know they will take
cats occasionally to feed their cubs.
I do not trust them at all.
You never should.
I've heard about a cat near here that only got saved when his owners
security light came on and he jumped out of bed when he heard his cat
screaming in the jaws of a fox. It was dreadfully injured.
That's why they get a piece of lead in their ear here. Not only do they
break into your chicken huts, they can eat your cats.
Boyfie is too sensible to let this happen. He mainly stays in after 11 pm
and if not it's up to him to go up a tree if he sees a fox in his garden.
Lots of trees here.
I said before, he can go up a tree in 2 seconds. I've seen him do it.
Tweed

Old March 31st 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:30:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Didn't see an eagle but as they can take lambs I would not trust them around
my cat.
I know that foxes can be around cats safely, but I also know they will take
cats occasionally to feed their cubs.
I do not trust them at all.
You never should.
I've heard about a cat near here that only got saved when his owners
security light came on and he jumped out of bed when he heard his cat
screaming in the jaws of a fox. It was dreadfully injured.
That's why they get a piece of lead in their ear here. Not only do they
break into your chicken huts, they can eat your cats.

I don't understand what it is between the British and foxes, or the
Japanese and whales.
Old March 31st 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:
Didn't see an eagle but as they can take lambs I would not trust them around
my cat.
I know that foxes can be around cats safely, but I also know they will take
cats occasionally to feed their cubs.
I do not trust them at all.
You never should.
I've heard about a cat near here that only got saved when his owners
security light came on and he jumped out of bed when he heard his cat
screaming in the jaws of a fox. It was dreadfully injured.
That's why they get a piece of lead in their ear here. Not only do they
break into your chicken huts, they can eat your cats.

I don't understand what it is between the British and foxes, or the
Japanese and whales.

I'd thought fox hunting had been banned in Britain, but Helen posted
recently that she had to keep all her cats indoors when a hunt was
coming through her town. Does anyone know if it is or isn't now banned?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old March 31st 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

CatNipped wrote:

I'd thought fox hunting had been banned in Britain, but Helen posted
recently that she had to keep all her cats indoors when a hunt was coming
through her town. Does anyone know if it is or isn't now banned?

Hunting foxes with dogs is banned but the law is often flouted. Drag hunts
are allowed, where a scent is laid down for the hounds but often,
accidentally on purpose a fox is chased instead.
--
Adrian
Old March 31st 12, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:
Didn't see an eagle but as they can take lambs I would not trust them around
my cat.
I know that foxes can be around cats safely, but I also know they will take
cats occasionally to feed their cubs.
I do not trust them at all.
You never should.
I've heard about a cat near here that only got saved when his owners
security light came on and he jumped out of bed when he heard his cat
screaming in the jaws of a fox. It was dreadfully injured.
That's why they get a piece of lead in their ear here. Not only do they
break into your chicken huts, they can eat your cats.

I don't understand what it is between the British and foxes, or the
Japanese and whales.

And Americans and the planet! ;

Old March 31st 12, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 3/30/2012 7:46 PM, Adrian wrote:
wrote:

I'd thought fox hunting had been banned in Britain, but Helen posted
recently that she had to keep all her cats indoors when a hunt was coming
through her town. Does anyone know if it is or isn't now banned?

Hunting foxes with dogs is banned but the law is often flouted. Drag hunts
are allowed, where a scent is laid down for the hounds but often,
accidentally on purpose a fox is chased instead.

Ah, same happens here with wolves (and all out-of-season game). What I
really, really, really detest, however are the "canned hunts" that are
held here in Texas - that's where there is a preserve and rich people
ride around in helicopters shooting almost-tamed "big game" animals.
Texas is one of the few states that allows private ownership of big game
animals and it's appalling what often becomes of them when they get "too
big" for the owner's safety (I'm of the opinion that the owner should be
locked in the same pen with them).

Old March 31st 12, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

I'd thought fox hunting had been banned in Britain, but Helen posted
recently that she had to keep all her cats indoors when a hunt was coming
through her town. Does anyone know if it is or isn't now banned?

Hunting foxes with dogs is banned but the law is often flouted. Drag hunts
are allowed, where a scent is laid down for the hounds but often,
accidentally on purpose a fox is chased instead.
--
Adrian

Imagine my surprise one day last year. John and I were at a very small
local restaurant. The chef came over to our table. He showed us a copy of
a coffee-table type book in which he's prominently featured. No, not a
cookbook. A book about fox hunting! He trains fox hounds. There was a
photo of him in full English riding regalia on the back of a horse with his
hounds. I had no idea fox hunting was a big deal in South Carolina.

Jill

Old April 8th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

I'd thought fox hunting had been banned in Britain, but Helen posted
recently that she had to keep all her cats indoors when a hunt was coming
through her town. Does anyone know if it is or isn't now banned?

Hunting foxes with dogs is banned but the law is often flouted. Drag hunts
are allowed, where a scent is laid down for the hounds but often,
accidentally on purpose a fox is chased instead.
--
Adrian

I disagree that it is on purpose, if the hounds flush a fox of course they
chase it.
TBH anything that deters foxes for me as a poultry keeper is a good thing.
I have had huge losses to daytime foxes and as far as I am concerned
anything that kills them is good.

Old April 8th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 30, 5:46*pm, Adrian wrote:

Drag hunts
are allowed, where a scent is laid down for the hounds but often,
accidentally on purpose a fox is chased instead.

As someone who has ridden on a drag hunt but is rabidly anti
foxhunting (since I can remember I've loathed the idea) whoever chases
a fox on a drag hunt isn't doing it "accidentally on purpose" since
the hounds follow the drag trail- they're deliberately diverting the
dogs to the fox possibly by stopping the drag short

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs