OT - Film Spin-offs from LOTR

Old December 29th 03, 07:02 PM
Bev

Default OT - Film Spin-offs from LOTR

I want to thank Yowie for her nice comments about N.Z - for my part I am
addicted to Aus. as well as N.Z. The two countries share a lot
together - Russell Crowe, rofl.

I have a bit of news myself and I think it is a spin off from LOTR.
Peter Jackson,(Producer of LOTR) plus the N.Z. Government are pushing
movies, with big new studios and funding. They also want N.Z.
movies. Some years ago I wrote a book for children called "Earthquake
Town" which was all about the Napier earthquake in 1931 (Napier is where
I live). You would perhaps call it faction as it a factually based
fictional story. Incidentally ET went into paperback in Aus. and was
very successful there.

About a month ago I was approached by a screenwriter wanting to make a
movie script out of the story. He is now negotiating the film rights
with my publisher. I hasten to say there is many a slip between ...etc
and who knows, it may not come off. However I am getting quite
enthusiastic as he has now written the Screenplay, emailed it to me, and
it is good. He has friends in movie circles and seems professional in
what he does. He does have a producer lined up and they will be looking
at funding.

I am helping all I can and it is enormous fun. A movie script is quite
different from a book. The camera tells the story and a lot of your
beloved words are wiped out, sob. My friends and relatives are already
lining up to go to the premiere, lol and I am trying to dampen down
their expectations. Even if it doesn't come off I have loved the
experience and learned a lot so far. I'll keep you up-to-date on how it
goes. I just wanted to share the experience with my friends on the
group.

Incidentally I have a kitten in the story and so far it has remained in
the script. I can't write anything without a cat or two in it!! The
kitten is rescued by one of the children in the story. Hmmmmmmmmmm,
guess we will need a suitable kitten to play the part, I know Lois will
have an endless supply

Lois and her fiance Ken came over after Xmas and brought with them a new
play box for B and C. The kittens have eaten the first box Ken made
for them when they were little!

Bev

--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 29th 03, 07:10 PM
CK

Bev wrote:
snip
About a month ago I was approached by a screenwriter wanting to make a
movie script out of the story. He is now negotiating the film rights
with my publisher....

snip

Keeping fingers, toes and even ears crossed that everything will go well
and we'll have a real life CELEBRITY of our own here at rpca!!

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Old December 29th 03, 07:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Incidentally I have a kitten in the story and so far it has remained in
the script. I can't write anything without a cat or two in it!! The
kitten is rescued by one of the children in the story. Hmmmmmmmmmm,
guess we will need a suitable kitten to play the part, I know Lois will
have an endless supply

Hey! There must be room for a feisty one-eyed balck-furred lady cat who
overcomes all adversity. Not that I'm hinting... I'm ready Mr DeMille

Purrs, Waffles

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 29th 03, 07:36 PM
Victor Martinez

This is so cool Bev! Congratulations!!!
Can't wait to see the movie...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 29th 03, 08:58 PM
Bev

Victor Martinez wrote:

This is so cool Bev! Congratulations!!!
Can't wait to see the movie...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

er, sadly there were a lot of dead cats and dogs around after the
'quake. Guess they would have to recruit a few realistic fluffy mats
to take those parts!

Bev
--
I believe in an open mind, but not so open
that your brains fall out.
Old December 29th 03, 09:28 PM
Yowie

"Bev" wrote in message
I want to thank Yowie for her nice comments about N.Z - for my part I am
addicted to Aus. as well as N.Z. The two countries share a lot
together - Russell Crowe, rofl.

And Split Enz / Crowded House

[...]

OOOh! How exciting! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that the movie will both
come into fruition and be a major success.

Are you going to send out tickets to the premier???

Yowie

Old December 29th 03, 09:56 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Of course, but only to special people who are owned by cats lol.

Now that seems entirely reasonable ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old December 29th 03, 10:59 PM
Lois Reay

Now Bev, I am already hunting for something suitable to wear to the
premiere!!!
I could supply endless kittens and understudies!!! perhaps a Bonnie
look-a-like.

So pleased that B&C&FSP loved the new cardboard box (even if Clyde is a bit
on the big side for it)

Will keep fingers, toes and everything else crossed that this film comes
off.

Love
Lois

Old December 30th 03, 12:10 AM
Lisa Katt

Oh Bev, how exciting!
Keep us updated on this, please!
We quite often see films from Australia and N.Z. on Swedish TV. Mostly
Australian, so maybe they should make more films from N.Z.
Elisabet