Help Desparately Needed in Washington State - Ballard area

Old September 1st 04, 01:27 AM
Jennifer

Default Help Desparately Needed in Washington State - Ballard area

I have a good friend that has a terrible neighbor that has let his
female cat breed with other feral cats. He refuses to get her fixed
(and may have since moved away and left her).

The kitty has had litter after litter of kittens, and Sara doesn't
know what to do or even how to start. I mentioned I would post here
and see if perhaps Sharon Talbert (who has responded to me in the
past) might have some resources to help get these kitties fixed and
under control.

Sara is overwhelmed, she just doesn't know what to do. I don't know
how many cats are involved, I do know there are about 3 generations of
kittens living in her carport.

This is a plea for help (from a cat trapper/rescurer in California).
Sara can't trap, transport, etc as she has a newborn and a 2.5 year
old, but I am she should would be willing to help in other ways.

Help please.

-Jennifer
Guadalupe Cat Res-Q
Mountain View, CA
Old September 1st 04, 02:41 AM
Cat Protector

Have you tried to contact any rescue groups that deal with ferals in
California? I don't if it helps but I'd contact Alley Cat Allies and see if
they have a rescue group in that area that can help. Their Web address is
http://www.alleycatrescue.com/ .

om...

Old September 1st 04, 12:18 PM
Wendy

"Jennifer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Have you or your friend tried contacting Feral Care at 206-459-7202?

You could also go to www.petfinder.com and do a search for shelters in your
area.

Old September 1st 04, 01:19 PM
Sunflower

Try www.spayusa.org/ for help with low cost spay neuter vets who might be
willing to work with you. Try www.petfinder.com/ to see if there are any
specific shelters in your area. Get on the phone and see if they do TNR or
know of anyone who does. Your friend is gonna have to at least commit to
feeding the colony and trapping the animals at the bare minimum, even if
some help is provided with transport and medical. Otherwise, the best
option is to call animal control to come and pick the animals up and have
them euthanized.