fixed male cat attacking fixed female

Old January 23rd 05, 05:32 AM

Default fixed male cat attacking fixed female

My neutered mail has started jumping on top of my spayed female and
biting her neck and holding her down like he is tryig to have sex with
her. She puts up with it for a moment or two and then throws him off,
just like real cat sex. What is going on. BTW, this male also
sprays. When I suggested to the vet that he might still have male
hormones she just laughed and said, 'no he doesn't."

Old January 23rd 05, 05:33 AM
Mary

wrote in message
My neutered mail has started jumping on top of my spayed female and
biting her neck and holding her down like he is tryig to have sex with
her. She puts up with it for a moment or two and then throws him off,
just like real cat sex. What is going on. BTW, this male also
sprays. When I suggested to the vet that he might still have male
hormones she just laughed and said, 'no he doesn't."

How recently were they neutered?

Old January 23rd 05, 05:37 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:32:50 +0000, ta6bx wrote:

My neutered mail has started jumping on top of my spayed female and
biting her neck and holding her down like he is tryig to have sex with
her. She puts up with it for a moment or two and then throws him off,
just like real cat sex. What is going on. BTW, this male also
sprays. When I suggested to the vet that he might still have male
hormones she just laughed and said, 'no he doesn't."

The ability has been removed, not the urge. MLB
Old January 23rd 05, 10:15 PM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:33:16 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

wrote in message
My neutered mail has started jumping on top of my spayed female and
biting her neck and holding her down like he is tryig to have sex with
her. She puts up with it for a moment or two and then throws him off,
just like real cat sex. What is going on. BTW, this male also
sprays. When I suggested to the vet that he might still have male
hormones she just laughed and said, 'no he doesn't."

How recently were they neutered?

They were both strays who showed up together (may have come from the
same place.)

The were neutered and spayed sometime prior to this (found out the
hardway with the female, when the vet opened her up he found she was
already spayed.)

This behavior on the part of the male just started about a month ago.
Now he tries to mount the female several times daily.

Old January 23rd 05, 10:49 PM
Mary

wrote:

wrote in message
My neutered mail has started jumping on top of my spayed female and
biting her neck and holding her down like he is tryig to have sex with
her. She puts up with it for a moment or two and then throws him off,
just like real cat sex. What is going on. BTW, this male also
sprays. When I suggested to the vet that he might still have male
hormones she just laughed and said, 'no he doesn't."

How recently were they neutered?

They were both strays who showed up together (may have come from the
same place.)

The were neutered and spayed sometime prior to this (found out the
hardway with the female, when the vet opened her up he found she was
already spayed.)

This behavior on the part of the male just started about a month ago.
Now he tries to mount the female several times daily.

First, I'm so glad you took these cats in. I'm sorry your girl cat had
to have unnecessary surgery, but it is good that she is spayed.

Second, I think the cats can work this out on their own. It is likely
just a matter of establishing dominance. Cats rarely really hurt one
another when they are working these things out. You will know
when and if to worry about it. I take it they are both indoor cats
now?

Old January 24th 05, 12:15 AM
KellyH

wrote in message
The were neutered and spayed sometime prior to this (found out the
hardway with the female, when the vet opened her up he found she was
already spayed.)

This behavior on the part of the male just started about a month ago.
Now he tries to mount the female several times daily.

It may be possible that he has an undescended testicle. Have the vet check.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net