Harri the Denver (almost) Roadcat

Old April 15th 05, 10:06 PM
Dan M

Default Harri the Denver (almost) Roadcat

Busy couple of days! We've been running really hard since Weds afternoon
(as in only 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night). We have been able to get
kitty walks in, though. Weds night (Thurs morning actually, 4 AM-ish) we
walked at the rest area just south of St. George, UT. Harri loves this
place for it's big east-side "wild area" that's screened from the
parking area by a hill. This time, though, she made a beeline for the
vicinity of the buildings - probably since there was so little traffic
and no people around.

Last night we stopped earlier than planned, as I sort of smoked by
brakes coming down the Green River grade in Utah. I was on the phone
with Nancy while I was parking, and the whole time Harri was squeaking
up a storm. My interpretation of her squeaks went something like "Hey,
Pa, we're stopping. Look, there's a wide open space. And it's dark. Like
in kitty darkwalk? And there's my kittying gear on the dash. Come on,
hang up the phone and let's go for a walk...". So,, I hung up the phone,
hooker her up, and went for a walk! It was a short one, though, since
tnhe wind was REALLY howling.

Tonight should be interesting. We're about 20 miles west of Denver, at
the truck stop in Wheat Ridge. There isn't much of a kitty walk area
here, just about a 10 foot wide grass strip behind the truck parking
area. We'll see how interested Harri in that. I'm hoping she likes it,
since she has been a VERY patient girl this trip!
Old April 15th 05, 10:23 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Hey guy, you drove right past me! I'm in Palisade (about 110 miles
East of Green River). If I'd known you were coming by, I would have
been at Exit 42 and waved as you passed by.

At least the wind in the "Grand Valley" has calmed down (Fruita, Grand
Junction, Clifton, and Palisade are all in the Grand Valley), or you
would have thought it was a nice breeze in Green River, UT (we stop
there on every trip to Nevada, and we go frequently).

Smokie Darling (Annie) - hoping you enjoy your stay in Denver, be
careful, people drive crazy on I-25 South (if you're going that way).

Old April 15th 05, 10:42 PM
Dan M

Hey guy, you drove right past me! I'm in Palisade (about 110 miles
East of Green River). If I'd known you were coming by, I would have
been at Exit 42 and waved as you passed by.

I'm amazed at the number of people on this list that I pass close to! I
guess we have people all over the place.
Old April 15th 05, 10:50 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Dan M wrote:
Hey guy, you drove right past me! I'm in Palisade (about 110 miles
East of Green River). If I'd known you were coming by, I would

have
been at Exit 42 and waved as you passed by.

I'm amazed at the number of people on this list that I pass close to!

guess we have people all over the place.

Actually, I think I would have jumped (okay, hobbled) into the road,
just 'cause I have *got* to meet Harri Roadcat. Teasing, I wouldn't
risk you having an accident (Harri might get get hurt ;P).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 15th 05, 11:22 PM
CatNipped

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

I *SO* love hearing about the adventures of Harri Roadcat! Thanks Dan!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 05, 12:16 AM
Hopitus

Well, this is Hopitus who lives in the *not-so-grand* MileHigh urban jungle,
and has been in Aurora the whole
darn day....and I bet by now you're almost in Kansas or
wherever you're headed. I live downtown MileHigh and
every few days I watch a trapped semi rock its way out of a tight spot where
it thought it would turn into my narrow street here....funny how the irate
cars, even the SUV's, all back off and respect its maneuvering (snicker,
snicker)! There is no place for a semi to rest around here, but if you give
us a little more notice, would like to
meet (I could manage to get to Wheat Ridge) and go out
to eat some buffalo meat (urgh) - the local favorite - or
something, plus meet Miss Harri!
Next time give us some warning. I have friends who live
in Wheat Ridge or near it but am clueless as to truck stops.

Old April 16th 05, 01:17 AM
Dan M

Hopitus wrote:

Well, this is Hopitus who lives in the *not-so-grand* MileHigh urban jungle,
and has been in Aurora the whole
darn day....and I bet by now you're almost in Kansas or
wherever you're headed. I live downtown MileHigh and
every few days I watch a trapped semi rock its way out of a tight spot where
it thought it would turn into my narrow street here....funny how the irate
cars, even the SUV's, all back off and respect its maneuvering (snicker,
snicker)! There is no place for a semi to rest around here, but if you give
us a little more notice, would like to
meet (I could manage to get to Wheat Ridge) and go out
to eat some buffalo meat (urgh) - the local favorite - or
something, plus meet Miss Harri!
Next time give us some warning. I have friends who live
in Wheat Ridge or near it but am clueless as to truck stops.

I'll try to do that! We'll be stopping briefly in Aurora tomorrow, but
it could be only for an hour or so. We're getting to enjoy the scenic
splendor of Wheat Ridge until tomorrow, as our first delivery isn't
until 4 am in Arvada. ost truck stops aren't in the best parts of town,
but this one is an especially seamy patch. Unlike the one in Aurora -
that one is actually pretty nice.
Old April 16th 05, 03:50 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Dan M had some very interesting things to say about
Harri the Denver (almost) Roadcat:

Hey guy, you drove right past me! I'm in Palisade (about 110 miles
East of Green River). If I'd known you were coming by, I would have
been at Exit 42 and waved as you passed by.

I'm amazed at the number of people on this list that I pass close to! I
guess we have people all over the place.

You keep landing in Sacramento, where I live (and Jo isn't all that
far away, IIRC).

Old April 16th 05, 04:09 AM
Dan M

You keep landing in Sacramento, where I live (and Jo isn't all that
far away, IIRC).

That's true. And the company terminal (in Depot Park, the old Sacramento
Army Depot) is Harri's absolute favorite place to walk.
Old April 16th 05, 04:25 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Dan M had some very interesting things to say about
Harri the Denver (almost) Roadcat:

You keep landing in Sacramento, where I live (and Jo isn't all that
far away, IIRC).

That's true. And the company terminal (in Depot Park, the old Sacramento
Army Depot) is Harri's absolute favorite place to walk.

About where in Sacramento is that?