Boyfriend's terrible ordeal

Old June 26th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Boyfriend's terrible ordeal

I was woken up, not particularly early as I had the day off work, by very
loud and persistent meowing. It sounded quite like what I call "the prey
miaow." Those of you who have hunting kitties will know what I mean.
I shot out of bed to avoid my kitchen being turned into a room that looks
like a pillow fight has taken place in it i.e. feathers everywhere. That's
what I was expecting to see.
Nothing. KFC stretched and flexed her toes in her good morning gesture; it
wasn't her, then. At first I couldn't locate where the noise was coming
from - bear in mind I had just woken up from a deep sleep nanoseconds ago.
So where was Boyfie?

Poor Boyfie had been accidentally shut in the porch overnight. It's a small
porch only about three feet wide/5 feet long and has a double door with
windows near the ground. I keep my cat food in there.
Just recently BF has been accompanying me to the porch to supervise me
getting his pouches of Whiskas at mealtimes. The problem is that he often
gets distracted by looking outside at the street (not that anything happens
there, lol, one car in half an hour would be rush-hour) and doesn't want to
come back inside straight away like I do.
I used to wait for him, holding the front door ready to close it. I would
say "Boyfs, come in now, I want to close the door" Mostly he would come
straight in then. *However* just recently he has said "no, wait, I'm
looking at something." I would then leave the front door open so he could
come back inside at his leisure, which he usually does within a few minutes,
then I close the door.
I was very busy doing various things last night and I only noticed the front
door was open when I went to go upstairs to bed. So I closed it, of course.
The poor lad must have been in there looking out at the nighttime
street..like kitty TV.
He had neither wee'd nor pooed in there. He shot outside like a bullet from
a gun when I let him free and when he came back inside he couldn't stop
talking and telling me about it.
He hadn't made a peep of noise all night. He must have just sat there
hoping I would soon get up. Normally I am up before 7 to go to work but if
I have a day off I always take the opportunity to sleep in for a couple of
hours extra.
I so love this cat. I think he is amazing. He was shut in the porch all
night and he didn't wake me up until 9.

Tweed

Old June 26th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awwww... what a sweetie.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 26th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
snip
I so love this cat. I think he is amazing. He was shut in the porch
all night and he didn't wake me up until 9.

Tweed

Poor Boyfie, he must have thought his hoomin had gone mad ;o) I've never met
him but I love him just from your stories.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 26th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, poor Boyfie. But seeing what he did, waiting patiently so you could let
him in and not doing his business on the porch, why then he deserves double
lovings. Please give him plenty from us.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 26th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:13:02 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

[...]

Poor little Boyfie! How are you going to make it up to him?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 26th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
aw, poor Boyfie. But seeing what he did, waiting patiently so you could
let him in and not doing his business on the porch, why then he deserves
double lovings. Please give him plenty from us.

Lily & her mama

I will. I can't do it right now as it's 10.30 pm here and he is out looking
for rats. Very few now since the terrier men came last time. He will get a
lot of scritches soon and I'll tell him some were from you.

Tweed

Tweed

Old June 26th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:13:02 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

Poor little Boyfie! How are you going to make it up to him?

I wasn't planning to - it was an accident. He is quite happy now he is back
inside the house. I'm not going to make him into a drama queen by fussing
all around him if something like this happens.
Okay - he got shut in the porch. It is *so* his own fault for keeping on in
there after bedtime.
Yes, he knows when bedtime is and where he ought to be at that time. Which
is NOT in the porch.

Tweed

Old June 27th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
aw, poor Boyfie. But seeing what he did, waiting patiently so you
could let him in and not doing his business on the porch, why then
he deserves double lovings. Please give him plenty from us.

Lily & her mama

I will. I can't do it right now as it's 10.30 pm here and he is out
looking for rats. Very few now since the terrier men came last time.
He will get a lot of scritches soon and I'll tell him some were from
you.
Tweed

Hope you give him some scritches from his sweetie, Mimi! I'm sure if she
knew "what you did to him" she would be severely PO'd at you!

Old June 27th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
aw, poor Boyfie. But seeing what he did, waiting patiently so you
could let him in and not doing his business on the porch, why then
he deserves double lovings. Please give him plenty from us.

Lily & her mama

I will. I can't do it right now as it's 10.30 pm here and he is out
looking for rats. Very few now since the terrier men came last time.
He will get a lot of scritches soon and I'll tell him some were from
you.
Tweed

Hope you give him some scritches from his sweetie, Mimi! I'm sure if she
knew "what you did to him" she would be severely PO'd at you!

Don't make me feel even worse please.

Tweed

Old June 27th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:01:13 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
aw, poor Boyfie. But seeing what he did, waiting patiently so you
could let him in and not doing his business on the porch, why then
he deserves double lovings. Please give him plenty from us.

Lily & her mama

I will. I can't do it right now as it's 10.30 pm here and he is out
looking for rats. Very few now since the terrier men came last time.
He will get a lot of scritches soon and I'll tell him some were from
you.
Tweed

Hope you give him some scritches from his sweetie, Mimi! I'm sure if she
knew "what you did to him" she would be severely PO'd at you!

Don't make me feel even worse please.

Tweed

Being locked on a porch is not so bad -- one time I inadvertently locked
Princess (RB 16) out on the enclosed patio and it was a winter night. How
she got past me to go out, I'll never know. The next morning, when I
discovered her, she spent hours "telling me" about her ordeal. Well, it
was her fault for sneaking past me. Best wishes. MLB

[News] Pet cat shot by police in bizarre ordeal Lorraine Cat health & behaviour 26 March 5th 05 12:51 AM
Terrible Dream Susan M Cat anecdotes 15 February 23rd 05 01:57 AM
The Terrible Tail O J Cat anecdotes 9 August 9th 04 03:19 PM
Terrible Tiger Tom - Long Bev Cat anecdotes 16 July 5th 04 01:26 AM
The Terrible Tail Marina Cat anecdotes 25 May 15th 04 08:26 PM