Bootie's Bad Mood

Old July 22nd 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Bootie's Bad Mood

I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

Sherry

Old July 22nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:02:52 -0700, Sherry wrote:

I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even jumped
Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I scooped her
up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping. (day sleeper). As
we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she started hissing and
growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later, she
was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have a
bad day?

Sherry

It certainly sounds like it. When we were kids and got cranky, my mother
thought we needed a laxative. Could she have that problem?
?

Old July 22nd 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 21, 6:08 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:02:52 -0700, Sherry wrote:
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even jumped
Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I scooped her
up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping. (day sleeper). As
we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she started hissing and
growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later, she
was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have a
bad day?

Sherry

It certainly sounds like it. When we were kids and got cranky, my mother
thought we needed a laxative. Could she have that problem?
?

Well, to be honest, I did think maybe there's a physical problem
somewhere that's making
her uncomfortable and that's why she's irritable. I know she hates the
kittens, but they've been
in that bedroom for over a month now. She doesn't have fleas, or
earmites, or worms, I am sure
of that. I hope she's just being "moody". She's a funny cat anyway.
She never did like me, just
DH. Usually cats like me best, but not her.

Sherry

Old July 22nd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

Sherry

They have bad moods and bad dreams and bad days. They can also have
attitude problems or just plain dislike certain places, people species or
other cats. Some cats don't like kittens or anything kitten.

They again maybe she just wanted in to sleep with DH and didn't know how
else to ask.

Jo

Old July 22nd 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

Yeah, I think they can have bad days - Bandit used to have bad days like
that EVERY day!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry

Old July 22nd 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

Sherry

It could be a "bad day," as you said, or it could be misdirected aggression.
Were there any "stranger" cats outside (or anything else) that might have
caused agitation?

Years ago, my first cat (a former feral) would do something similar, and the
solution was also what you described. He would grab at my ankles (with
*sharp* claws) -- I would place him in the bedroom for 10-15 minutes, and
then he would be fine. This happened several times a year, always in the
spring, for the first few years I had him. Then he stopped. By that time,
he was my loving companion, and I never saw any signs of nervousness or
agitation after that.

MaryL

Old July 22nd 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Sherry wrote:
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

Sherry

I'm sure they do.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 22nd 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Sherry wrote:
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just have
a bad day?

I suppose it would depend on whether or not she has done this before. I
seem to remember that you said once that Boots has a bit of a temper, like
KFC; who can be charming and a lovebug one day and the most vile-tempered
harridan the next. She has always been like this though, so if it is a
change for your girl I would look towards maybe something is wrong,
something is hurting. Just a thought.

Tweed

Old July 22nd 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Adrian A wrote:
Sherry wrote:
I don't know what got into her. She was jumping everybody. She even
jumped Frank, and she loves Frank. When she attacked poor old Yoda, I
scooped her up and carried into the bedroom where DH was sleeping.
(day sleeper). As we passed the door to the kittens' bedroom, she
started hissing and growling like a tiger.

I tossed her on the bed, and shut the door behind me. Looking later,
she was curled up at his feet asleep. She stayed there for four
hours.

She just got up, and seems pleasant enough. I wonder if cats just
have a bad day?

Sherry

I'm sure they do.

I'm *not sure*. How can a cat whose every wish is fulfilled "have a bad
day?" There is no bad day to have. Cats have no concept of "a bad day"
like humans have. They did not crash their car, they are not worried about
how their hair looks, they did not lose their job, if a relative died it
goes right over their heads.
I would be looking for a medical problem if no improvement.

Tweed

Old July 22nd 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 22, 10:26 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Sherry wrote:
[...]

Oh, yes. Boots has a temper. The only two friends she likes are DH and
Frank. She has no use
for the rest of the cats. DH babies her something awful. She won't eat
in the house with the rest of the
cats. She wants to eat on the porch. She goes to the back porch, meows
pitifully, will not come in the house.
And he carries her "breakfast" out to her. Biskit has always gotten on
her nerves. But it's just that she's never
smacked *all of them* around, for no reason. I have too many cats
right now. I seriously think that's what's wrong
with her. The kittens take a lot of attention, and occupy the room she
used to nap in a lot. They are six weeks
old today. Hopefully soon they'll have a home and it won't seem llike
there's a cat everywhere you look around here.
Yes, I'm discouraged today. Tomorrow will be better. :-)

Sherry

In a shopping mood? Pat Cat anecdotes 0 May 16th 07 08:43 PM
change in mood Jackie/raven Cat health & behaviour 1 June 16th 06 06:31 PM
To get us in the mood for tomorrow NMR Cat anecdotes 7 December 26th 05 06:47 AM
Zoomy Mood Discoveries Pat Cat anecdotes 3 September 6th 05 12:53 PM
Just to lighten the mood... (mild GW) Dan M Cat anecdotes 22 June 28th 05 02:56 PM