Healing purrayers please

Old July 8th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Healing purrayers please

Purrs and purrayers are on the way.

Do you have a recliner? When my husband had a broken rib, he found it much
more comfortable to sleep in the recliner rather than the bed.

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
I pulled a muscle in my ribcage just over a week ago and it was rather
painful when I took a deep breath but gradually healing... and
yesterday afternoon I sneezed unexpectedly and felt something rip, and
now I'm back to square one! I was whimpering at two o'clock this
morning because I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in,
and DH asked if I wanted to go to the ER, but I took some ibuprofen
instead (and it helped enough that I was able to go back to sleep...)
Please can I have some purrayers for it to hurry up and heal again and
not to get any worse...

Old July 8th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 8 Jul, 06:54, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
I pulled a muscle in my ribcage just over a week ago and it was rather
painful when I took a deep breath but gradually healing... and
yesterday afternoon I sneezed unexpectedly and felt something rip, and
now I'm back to square one! I

If it is a bad pull then I swear by Ibuprofen gel applied directly.. a
few yeas ago I did the same thing and that was what did the trick for
me

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 9th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:03:46 -0700, "Joy"
wrote:

Purrs and purrayers are on the way.

Do you have a recliner? When my husband had a broken rib, he found it much
more comfortable to sleep in the recliner rather than the bed.

We don't, but last night I really wished we did! Lying down wasn't
comfortable at all because there's not enough support unless you're
flat on your back (and I don't usually sleep that way...) Last week it
would be more or less okay during the daytime (unless I coughed,
sneezed or made an injudicious movement) but extremely sore when I
woke up in the mornings until it loosened up a bit, and I'm expecting
that process to repeat now.
Old July 9th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
I pulled a muscle in my ribcage just over a week ago and it was
rather
painful when I took a deep breath but gradually healing... and
yesterday afternoon I sneezed unexpectedly and felt something
rip, and
now I'm back to square one! I was whimpering at two o'clock
this
morning because I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep
in,
and DH asked if I wanted to go to the ER, but I took some
ibuprofen
instead (and it helped enough that I was able to go back to
sleep...)
Please can I have some purrayers for it to hurry up and heal
again and
not to get any worse...

Gosh girl. Don't make the mistake I did. Please go see a doctor
before it gets really bad. I'll be sending healing thoughts and
ask the owners to purr for your poor rib cage.

Pam S.

Old July 9th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:54:10 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

I pulled a muscle in my ribcage just over a week ago and it was rather
painful when I took a deep breath but gradually healing... and yesterday
afternoon I sneezed unexpectedly and felt something rip, and now I'm back
to square one! I was whimpering at two o'clock this morning because I
couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in, and DH asked if I wanted
to go to the ER, but I took some ibuprofen instead (and it helped enough
that I was able to go back to sleep...) Please can I have some purrayers
for it to hurry up and heal again and not to get any worse...

Many years ago I had four broken ribs -- very painful. Taping the rib
cage back to front gave me relief. My big two-year old had "bounced" on
me when I was lying down. Perhaps taping would give you some relief.
Good luck and best healing wishes. MLB
Old July 10th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 03:40:09 GMT, "Tanada"
wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I was fortunate... it's mending fast. As for the doc, it was a long
story, but mine is out of town or else I would have seen him a week
ago!
Old July 10th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way for you Karen.
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old July 11th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

I pulled a muscle in my ribcage just over a week ago and it was rather
painful when I took a deep breath but gradually healing... and
yesterday afternoon I sneezed unexpectedly and felt something rip, and
now I'm back to square one! I was whimpering at two o'clock this
morning because I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in,
and DH asked if I wanted to go to the ER, but I took some ibuprofen
instead (and it helped enough that I was able to go back to sleep...)
Please can I have some purrayers for it to hurry up and heal again and
not to get any worse...

Lots of healing purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 12th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Omigod, ouch. I had that last winter. I'm afraid it took several months
before i felt like myself again. Happened much the same way too. I'm probably
misspelling badly but my MD called it "coastal chondritis" or some such thing:
essentially, the muscled ripped oiff the ribcage. I still have to be delicate,
even after 7 months. Purrs ande prayers for your poor ribs, and many of them
from one who has been in that mess.

Blessed be,
Baha