Shadow sighting

Old October 3rd 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow sighting

Came home yesterday to find a note on the door addressed to "Shadow's
Owner". The lady at Number 10 (I'm at 26) had remembered me from when I
dropped the flyers the first time Shadow went missing and had come around to
tell me that Shadow was desperately trying to make herself at home at her
place, but her elderly cat wouldn't have a bar of it. Mrs No.10 was,
however, putting out kibble for Shadow and Shadow would come past in the
morning and the evening to eat. Mrs No.10 suspected however that Shadow was
living in the complex maze of underground drains & sewers down at the creek
and didn't actually have a 'home' as such. She certainly hasn't come back to
here.

Mrs No.10 suggested a plan: as Shadow clearly wasn't happy here, and Mrs
No.10 couldn't keep her because of her other cat (she'd happily take Shadow
in otherwise) so Mrs No.10 was going to try to trap Shadow and then ring me
to take her to a no-kill shelter (as I am the legal owner - if Mrs Number 10
took her to a shelter, they'd just return Shadow to me)

Which seems good, but only if Shadow is truly living the life of a stray
rather than just being the 'outside' cat of some else's family. I really
wish I could talk cat so I could find out what was going on and what it was
she truly wanted. Then again, as she's such a beautiful looking cat with a
very affectionate demeanour, perhaps at a shelter she'll find her
OneTrueHome (with no other cats and no young children - cat-trained dogs
are fine). Poor beastie, she's truly been through the ringer early on in
life, and she really deserves to be treated like the princess she was always
meant to be.

If anyone can spare a purr or two that things finally work out for Shadow,
they'd be appreciated.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 4th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Poor girl! That does sound like a good idea - I hope they have room at
a local no-kill shelter. With her looks and personality she should find
a good home, and I hope the shelter would be conscientious about not
letting her go to another home with other cats.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
Old October 4th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs for Shadow to find a permanent, loving home. MLB
Old October 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Purrs are on the way, for Shadow and for you. I know you want only the best
for her.

--

Joy

Blessed are the PURR in Heart!

Old October 4th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry, Vicky, but I can't read any more Shadow posts. You had the
opportunity to take her back in, even if she didn't like it. You could have
sheltered and fed her until you could find a better suited home, but you let
her take off again. It breaks my heart to think she's living like a stray.
You CAN'T talk to her, you can only do your best by her. You can't keep
imagining that she has another home somewhere and is just coming to visit.
She's probably confused and I feel bad for her.

Old October 4th 09, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry you feel that way, but thanks for your honesty and forthrightness.

In what I feel is my 'defence' so to speak, she kept trying to *escape* and
eventually suceeded, I did not 'let her go'. I have never met a cat so
determined ot get out once she discovered there was such a thing as an Out.
She was returned by a neighbour (at No.35) the first time escaped, which was
when I started looking for another home for her (she was advertised on
Flippy's list, Catslaves & my work's Bulletin Board). The second time she
escaped, I saw her several weeks later in my front yard - and thats when she
looked well fed and kept - but she did not allow me to catch her again and
she would not be tempted inside - I didn't really have any oppourtunity to
take her back in, even though I tried. She has not returned since. All my
close neighbours know her (a missing cat certainly makes you get to know
your neighbours!) and would have let me know if they'd seen her hanging
around, so I don't think she's ever 'visited' again (the food & litterbod I
used to leave out for her, 'just in case' remained untouched, so I stopped).

Number 10 is a fair way down the street and I would not consider them
'neighbours' - they're too far away, and the property borders on a creek. I
have looked down at the creek plenty of times, and have called for her so
often (and looked like an idiot shaking a kibble box), but have not seen or
heard from her. If thats where she's living (rather than just 'roaming')
then she has a good hiding place during the day.

I didn't know where she was or what had happened to her, only that when I
last saw her (when she returned to the front garden), she looked well kept
and fed rather than like a stray - she's very fluffy and white, I would have
though she should surely have been dirty and matted had she been living
'rough' so I *assumed* she'd found another home. With the intel from Mrs
No.10, though, I am not so sure.

The risk of Mrs No.10 capturing her and giving her to me to take to a
no-kill shelter is that I could be removing her from her from an otherwise
loving home that she found herself - most people here in my part of
Australia don't keep their cats indoors and she may well just be visiting
No.10 just to mooch some food rather than trying to 'move in' so to speak
(my parents have several 'moochers' but don't own any of them). However,
there's also the risk that by not allowing her to be captured and taking her
to a shelter that I would indeed be 'allowing' her to live as a stray. And
like you, I cannot abide by that thought. Hence we're going to carry out Mrs
No.10's plan to capture Shadow and take her to a no-kill shelter. If she has
new 'owners' they can find her there.

If I hadn't made that clear in my first post, I apologise. The purrs were
for the plan to work out and for Shadow to finally find her foreverhome once
she gets to the shelter, *not* for her to survive her life as a stray.

Yowie

Old October 4th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
snip
If anyone can spare a purr or two that things finally work out for
Shadow, they'd be appreciated.

Yowie

Purrs for Shadow to find her foreverhome.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 4th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 3, 3:08*pm, "Yowie" wrote:

If anyone can spare a purr or two that things finally work out for Shadow,
they'd be appreciated.

Purrs that she will find her forever home and be treated like the
princess she is

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 4th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Purrs are on the way for Shadow and for you. I really hope things work out
best for all of you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 5th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Poor baby..we have many extra purrs to give to Shadow--to be caught
and find her forever home,m and for peace for you and her both.

Blessed be,
Baha

On Oct 3, 6:08*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Possible Tabitha sighting! Amelia T Cat Cat community 24 March 3rd 09 10:25 PM
Another possible Sam sighting Dan M Cat anecdotes 20 November 19th 08 08:20 PM
POSSIBLE SAM SIGHTING! Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 30 November 17th 08 01:53 PM
Odessa sighting! Singh Cat anecdotes 33 October 22nd 04 06:31 PM
Shadow RB Emergency Purrs for Shadow Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 July 14th 04 05:47 AM