*Go* *to* *bed*

Old January 27th 11, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default *Go* *to* *bed*

The number of times I have to utter those three words, through gritted
teeth, each evening is astounding. The Yowlet knows all the tricks of the
trade, he needs to go potty, his knees hurt, he's forgotten one of any
number of his stuffed toys that he *desperately* needs right now, he's
hungry, he's thirsty, he needs to go potty again, he forgot to brush his
teeth.... as a consequence, despite 8pm being bedtime, its rare for him to
actually *be* in bed any time before 8:30pm.

*sigh*

The ironic thing is that since Pepper has decided that she's going to sleep
with me, that she has the same conversation - in dog - with me.

At 10:30pm, she paws at the back door for her night time potty excursion,
and when she walks back in, she goes to sit at my bedrrom door. If I delay
too much, she comes back out to the lounge, whines at me, and sorta walks
backwards to the bedroom door in the hopes that I'll follow her. If that
doesn't work, she'll try to get hold of some peice of clothing and *drag* me
to the bedroom, but she's not much more than 6kg, so that doesn't work.

But I did finally get of my tuchas and go to bed, when she got her teddybear
that she sleeps with (and humps, and wrestles) and dumped said teddybear at
my feet.

I knew that the game was up, and went obediently off to bed, where I
snuggled down with Pepper, and Pepper snuggled down with her teddybear.

Yowie

Old January 27th 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! Waffles just lies across the doorway of my computer room and whines
until I get up and to the bedtime routine.

Joy

Old January 27th 11, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Heh, I need Pepper in my life. When it comes to manufacturing excuses for
staying up late, I'm much worse than Cary. And I've been doing it a lot
longer!!

Joyce

--
Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
Old January 27th 11, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 27/01/2011 03:14, Yowie wrote:

I knew that the game was up, and went obediently off to bed, where I
snuggled down with Pepper, and Pepper snuggled down with her teddybear.

Frank used to come and get me if I stayed up too late in his opinion.
He'd come and wind around my legs and try to steer me to the bedroom.
Pepper's a good girl, making sure her mummy gets enough sleep. She's so
cute with her teddybear.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old January 27th 11, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

On 27/01/2011 03:14, Yowie wrote:

I knew that the game was up, and went obediently off to bed, where I
snuggled down with Pepper, and Pepper snuggled down with her teddybear.

Frank used to come and get me if I stayed up too late in his opinion.
He'd come and wind around my legs and try to steer me to the bedroom.
Pepper's a good girl, making sure her mummy gets enough sleep. She's so
cute with her teddybear.

Oh, that's amazing! I would expect that behavior from a dog, but not
from a cat. My cats certainly couldn't care less what time I go to bed.
Roxy gets all the cuddle time she wants while I'm up, so why should she
want me to go to sleep? Frank was a smart kitty!

Joyce

--
Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
Old January 27th 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Jan 27, 1:14*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Very cute! Maybe you should let Pepper sleep with theYowlet, then she
can have a go at getting him to bed?

Jeanette
Old January 27th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Oh, that's amazing! I would expect that behavior from a dog, but not
from a cat. My cats certainly couldn't care less what time I go to bed.
Roxy gets all the cuddle time she wants while I'm up, so why should she
want me to go to sleep? Frank was a smart kitty!

He wanted my head on the pillow so he could curl up around it. Not that
he couldn't sleep perfectly well on the pillow without my head on it -
he did that all day. But at night, he needed my head there.

Aww! You had a headfrank! I don't think I've ever had a cat sleep right
beside my head. That might be a good thing, because I am mildly allergic
to cats. But it sounds so lovely.

Joyce

--
- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
Old January 27th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jan 27, 2:49*am, wrote:

Oh, that's amazing! I would expect that behavior from a dog, but not
from a cat. My cats certainly couldn't care less what time I go to bed.
Roxy gets all the cuddle time she wants while I'm up, so why should she
want me to go to sleep? Frank was a smart kitty!

Stosh frequently scolds me to go to bed. Usually if I'm still up at 11
he starts ordering me about. Once under the covers, he hops up on me
to give me my massage, which he delivers intensely, while purring very
loudly.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old January 27th 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 27/01/2011 8:07 PM, NettieCat wrote:
On Jan 27, 1:14 am, wrote:
[...]

That was the general idea, but hasn't yet happened.

The Yowlet prefers to sleep in a room with a fellow human being. When
Pepper came along, we gave him a choice - he could either have Pepper on
his bed at night in his own room, or continue to share a room with Joel.
He thought long and hard, but eventually decided that human company was
better to keep the nightmares away.

We're assuming that at some point, he'll want more privacy and will
voluntarily move into his own bedroom before he moves out of home, but
we're not going to push it. It needs to his own decision, otherwise
bedtime will become more of a battleground than it already is -
something that wouldn't help anyone, not Cary nor his frazzled parents.

Yowie