OT what I like about not going to work any more

Old January 11th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OT what I like about not going to work any more

My alarm clock is redundant. I can get up and go to bed when I want.
Sometimes I get up at 6 or 7 but today it was 10.
Boyfie's stopped waking me up for work. I think he was alerted by the alarm
clock and used to meow if I was not up within 15 minutes.
We have a far more relaxed life now.
He does sit outside my bedroom door if
I am not up by a reasonable time which he now thinks is 9 a.m. He's not
prepared to wait longer than that for his breakfast.
He was still in bed Fri & Sat when I got up early and seemed to think I was
mad "it's too early, go back to bed, I'm still sleeping."

He's a great one for routine.
He likes his breakfast at 8-9 now, his teatime meal at 3.30 and a little
snackette of dry around 9 pm.
I'm dead if I not do this and let him in and out at will.
Hmm, my retirement is turning into everything he wants. On my knee every
time I sit down. Beck and call.
Tweed

Old January 12th 11, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

IOW, you are now his full-time slave, instead of being gone all day. ;-)

Joy

Old January 12th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yes and its starting to be a problem.
As much as I love him, he's taking over my life.
I've probably spoilt him. It was so difficult to get him inside in the
first place when he was semi-feral that I let him get away with anything.
Now he rules the roost. Everything he says, goes.
Don't get me wrong, he's a lovely cat. No scratch or bite in him. He is
charming.
It's just that, very subtly, he is in control.
Tweed

Old January 12th 11, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message

IOW, you are now his full-time slave, instead of being gone all day. ;-)

Yes and its starting to be a problem.
As much as I love him, he's taking over my life.
I've probably spoilt him. It was so difficult to get him inside in the
first place when he was semi-feral that I let him get away with anything.
Now he rules the roost. Everything he says, goes.
Don't get me wrong, he's a lovely cat. No scratch or bite in him. He is
charming.
It's just that, very subtly, he is in control.

But Tweed, this is perfectly normal. It's How Things Are Supposed To Be.
Ask anyone here.

Joyce

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old January 12th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

But it's better than working, isn't it? 10AM, wow. Now for me, that
would constitute "getting up early". But you're used to rising at dawn,
so this is almost decadent - which, of course, is one of the things
retirement is all about. Enjoy it! Maybe once Boyfie gets used to
having you around all the time, it won't be so new and exciting, and
he'll get a life again.

I think it's time for KFC to send you a little friend for Boyfie...

Joyce

Old January 12th 11, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jan 11, 6:57*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
My alarm clock is redundant. I can get up and go to bed when I want.
Sometimes I get up at 6 or 7 but today it was 10.
Boyfie's stopped waking me up for work. *I think he was alerted by the alarm
clock and used to meow if I was not up within 15 minutes.
We have a far more relaxed life now.
He does sit outside my bedroom door if
I am not up by a reasonable time which he now thinks is 9 a.m. *He's not
prepared to wait longer than that for his breakfast.
He was still in bed Fri & Sat when I got up early and seemed to think I was
mad "it's too early, go back to bed, I'm still sleeping."

That's exactly how I felt when I stopped working. I could sleep all
day if I
want. But then that was not healthy for me. On these freezing cold
winter
mornings, I am sure glad I don't have to fight traffic to go to work
and come
home in the dark after work.

Old January 13th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

It's one of the things I like best!

.Maybe once Boyfie gets used to
having you around all the time, it won't be so new and exciting, and
he'll get a life again.

I'm hoping so. He's so clingy and attention seeking atm he's driving me
bananas. If he is not wanting to be on my knee all the time he's moaning
for fudz, or staring at his bed because the soft blanket is slightly
wrinkled so he cannot of course get into it. Thinking if I made it perfectly
comfortable he'd give me a break from the knee duty, I smooth it. He
watches me do it. Then he walks away to examine his food dish again.
It sounds funny but it isn't. I should not feel I have to get out of the
house to escape from my cat and that's how I felt last week.

I think it's time for KFC to send you a little friend for Boyfie...

It would be OK if one arrived but I'm not going out to get one.

Tweed

Old January 13th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

---------
I don't sleep all day and don't want to - but not having to get up at stupid
o'clock is brilliant. I also had to fight traffic to go to work and as my
car is outside I always had to scrape it free of ice during the winter.
Another thing I like is not having to obey the sort of rules that my
employer imposed. No flexibility about (for example) if I got stuck behind
a terrible car accident on the way to work and the road was blocked by
police and ambulances. If I was late, I was late and had to make the time
up. I lost a day of my holiday entitlement last year because the snow and
ice was so bad it was not safe for me to drive to work.
Every day is a holiday now. My colleagues thought I might be bored at home.
Not so, I love it!
Tweed

Old January 13th 11, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:
He's a great one for routine.
He likes his breakfast at 8-9 now, his teatime meal at 3.30 and a little
snackette of dry around 9 pm.
I'm dead if I not do this and let him in and out at will.
Hmm, my retirement is turning into everything he wants. On my knee every
time I sit down. Beck and call.

He's trying to make your retirement more interesting! He must love
it. He's a lot like how Betty was - polite, but quite clingy if you
stayed in!

My current two split their time between bugging me and bugging each
other, so I get a little bit of a break.
Old January 13th 11, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
[...]

Sounds Great.

I'm trying to get a redundancy package so that I can get my pension. You
are certainly not tempting me to stay on at work. Of course I'm only doing
it so that Sootie can have her slave here to do her bidding all day.
--

I hope you get it. I'm not old enough to get my state pension yet but I can
live on my small council pension and my lump sum along with my savings until

So what do we really want to wear to work? At first thought, most ofus would say, "It would be really cool if we could wear jeans to work all thetime. After all, I paid just as much for my jeans as I paid for that outfit Iwore to work yesterday. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 April 25th 08 09:42 PM
It didn't work out! : CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 21 July 30th 07 05:05 PM
Cat Art work alatriste1 Cats - misc 0 September 21st 05 05:46 PM
Work Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 2 January 29th 05 02:25 PM