Evaluation of Betty

Old December 14th 05, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Evaluation of Betty

On 2005-12-13 17:21:47 -0600, Takayuki said:

I wouldn't normally bug everyone with news of minor TED visits, but I
know that some of you follow the group like a soap opera. Also,
everyone was so nice in sending purrs for the last treatment and
certainly deserve to know what the result was!

Betty's cancer was growing around the time of the treatment last
month, but a couple of weeks afterwards, it stopped, then seemed to
physically flatten a bit.

Betty's oncologist measured the growth today, and he says that the
tumor has retreated about a centimeter since last time. He thinks
that we're learning a lot about what works and doesn't work in Betty's
case, and that we should see how she progresses with the experimental
Gemzar treatment she's receiving. His hope (and this sounds like a
wild hope to me) is that they'll be able to shrink the tumor enough to
make surgical removal possible.

Betty was at the oncology center all day getting her second dose, and
a third dose is scheduled for next month. Right now, she's standing
in her usual "I want attention" pose on her hind legs with one paw on
my knee, and the other on my arm.

So thank you everyone for all your purrs! They definitely did
something!

That's GREAT Tak!! At the very least it is extending her quality life
time. GO BETTY!!!!!

Old December 14th 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So happy to see that Betty's treatment is giving a visibly good result
thus far!

Thanks for the update! We'll keep the purrs coming too!

Genne and Marietta

Old December 14th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:21:47 -0500, Takayuki wrote:

[...]

We shall continue purring and pray that Betty makes history. MLB
Old December 14th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My god, Tak, that's a miracle! We are continuously purring and praying that
Betty does have a miracle.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 14th 05, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:21:47 -0500, Takayuki
yodeled:

[...]

Revving up and rumbling away. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 14th 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!

That's good news, Tak! I hope your vet is right about shrinking that
tumor enough to remove it surgically. Give Betty scritches from me and
tell her she's a fantastically brave kitty. =o)

Melissa

Old December 14th 05, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
Back when Shadow was being treated for IBD, which can turn into
lymphoma, I did a lot of reading about chemotherapy for cats and the
literature all says that cats tolarate chemotherapy very well, with
little side-effects.

When Betty started chemotherapy, I was asking a senior tech about
Betty, and at one point she told me that when it comes to handling
chemotherapy, cats are "from another planet". I then asked her which
planet, so she probably thinks I'm a weirdo.

Old December 14th 05, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Wow, that is really great news!!! Maybe it's a wild hope, but so far,
these results are better than anything else up to now. Nothing else has
actually made the tumor shrink, has it?

I'm so glad to hear it. Continued purrs for her recovery.

Joyce

Takayuki wrote:

[...]

To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.
Old December 14th 05, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
Please, please keep us posted on how Betty's doing! We're all
very concerned about Betty and how she's getting along. Especially when
the news sounds positive - there have been enough Rainbow Bridge
announcements recently here and in RPCC that I NEED to hear positive news
when it's available!

It's like reading the newspaper - good news seems to be in short
supply sometimes. But every day we can spend with little furries is
actually good news.

Old December 14th 05, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote:

I like to know how Betty is doing and I will keep my four purring for
her!

I also like your stories like the one with "betty the rapper." It's
nice to see her being /a cat/ as well as a patient.

"Keep it real" - LOL. I'm glad that she did turn out to be /a cat/,
and not a rapper, or else I would have had to buy her a more elaborate
collar tag for her Christmas present.