Persia gets 2 "Scares"

Old December 17th 05, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Persia gets 2 "Scares"

The first was when we were on the couch and she suddenly realized she could
see *something* through the blinds on my back door. I'd hung a wreath out
there. She hopped down and sat by the door, staring up at the shadow of the
wreath intently and making little growling sounds. She finally realized the
round shadowy thing she could see wasn't moving and hadn't knocked on the
door so she lost interest.

The other scare was one of those cats the neighbor across the street lets
run loose. I heard her crash into the front window and then
grrrrrrrooooowwwwwwwl. Of course when I came in here she was staring out
the window with her tail puffed up three times normal size. That's when I
realized I could also hear the *other* cat, growling right back at her. Oh
great. I went to the front door and flipped on the outside light. Opened
the door and the cat took off.

I really wish that woman would keep her cats inside. My apartment is on a
busy corner where people think nothing of turning in without slowing (I
can't tell you how often I'm afraid someone will hit me when I'm at my
mailbox by the street). And those cats really upset Persia when they come
around here. Talking with her does no good; she says they "escape". Right,
all of her cats (no idea how many she has, at least three that I know of)
escape at the same time, all the time.

Jill

Old December 17th 05, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:23:12 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Poor, puffy Persia! Purrs for her nerves.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War