Gee, Thanks Schwartzie

Old March 19th 13, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Gee, Thanks Schwartzie

On 2013-03-19 4:05 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
[keeping cats off a flowerbed]

My area is just full of International grocery stores, and they sell
cayenne pepper by the huge bagful (bucketful if you want it). It's
not all that expensive. Look for it online, or I could price a bag
for you and send it over.
I've found a lot of spices are dirt cheap in these stores!

Tried that when I moved once and wanted to keep the cats away from
the pile of removal boxes. I spread about a quart of chili powder
over the floor around them. The result was little chili pawprints
all over the flat.

Citrus essences do work, but you need a hell of a lot. I came by
a pint of industrial-grade stuff (for ice cream making) once, years
ago, and still haven't finished it. Half a teaspoonful makes the
whole house smell like a lemon sorbet for a month.

I had a recipe which, from memory, was something like a liter (say, a
quart) of water, some cayenne pepper, an onion and an entire head of
garlic all pureed together. It looked disgusting and smelled worse, but
worked - at least until the rain came and washed it away. I live in a
quite rainy climate.

--
Cheryl
Old March 24th 13, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

HI CHERYL!! So sorry, I have not bee back to read since I posted. I guess that makes me a little like a troll, except maybe one with better manners. nice to see you, hope all is well. I have no idea why my header ID is "me" instead of what it used to be.