Jasmine again

Old October 19th 05, 02:59 AM
meee

Default Jasmine again

Hi everyone, not a major problem just a question. Jasmine's had a little bit
of a dirty bum lately, I changed her litter and the new one's a bit powdery
so some seems to be sticking to her. Her feces have been fairly solid,
except for today, but I think that's because I was naughty and gave her some
milk yesterday. She is overdue worming by about one week, today is payday so
I rang the vet to check which one to give her, and she said the usual one's
fine, so I'm worming her today or tomorrow. Is she just unable to clean
herself because she's so big (pregnant) or should I be worried? And if I
need to clean her, how do I? She resents any handling asides from what she
wants, and is very ready with her claws at the moment...any ideas? Thanks in
advance.
--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old October 19th 05, 03:24 AM
cybercat

"meee" wrote in message

[...]

It is because you gave her milk. She is lactose intolerant. Don't do
that. Many cats have problems with cow's milk.

Old October 19th 05, 03:33 AM
meee

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

[...]

silly me. I'll have to watch that with her, I might start keeping pet milk
in the fridge so I have something as a 'treat' when she begs.

Old October 19th 05, 04:16 AM
Snittens

"meee" wrote
silly me. I'll have to watch that with her, I might start keeping pet milk
in the fridge so I have something as a 'treat' when she begs.

Since she is pregnant, you could give her some KMR (Kitten Milk Replacer) as
a treat instead of milk.

-Kelly

Old October 19th 05, 01:21 PM
cybercat

"Snittens" wrote in message

"meee" wrote
silly me. I'll have to watch that with her, I might start keeping pet
milk
in the fridge so I have something as a 'treat' when she begs.

Since she is pregnant, you could give her some KMR (Kitten Milk Replacer)
as a treat instead of milk.

I was going to suggest that but could not remember the name of the stuff.

Old October 20th 05, 02:43 AM
meee

--

"Snittens" wrote in message

"meee" wrote
silly me. I'll have to watch that with her, I might start keeping pet

milk
in the fridge so I have something as a 'treat' when she begs.

Since she is pregnant, you could give her some KMR (Kitten Milk Replacer)

as
a treat instead of milk.

-Kelly

Sounds good, one problem...is it available in australia? we have something
called 'petlife pet milk' lactose free with added whatsit, and whiskas
kitten milk....sound similar, or is it a totally different product??

Old October 20th 05, 02:45 AM
meee

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Snittens" wrote in message

"meee" wrote
silly me. I'll have to watch that with her, I might start keeping pet
milk
in the fridge so I have something as a 'treat' when she begs.

Since she is pregnant, you could give her some KMR (Kitten Milk

Replacer)
as a treat instead of milk.

I was going to suggest that but could not remember the name of the stuff.

she has seemed a lot happier a few days after replacing tinned with dried
food as phil said...maybe it fills her up for longer or something. I think
she also likes it better so eats more...i noticed with the dry that if she
disliked the flavour, she wouldn't eat as much of it as the flavour she
liked.

Old October 20th 05, 02:50 AM
cybercat

"meee" wrote in message

she has seemed a lot happier a few days after replacing tinned with dried
food as phil said...maybe it fills her up for longer or something. I think
she also likes it better so eats more...i noticed with the dry that if she
disliked the flavour, she wouldn't eat as much of it as the flavour she
liked.

Do you mean that you replaced dry with tinned?

In any case I'm glad she seems happier, that's always
a great feeling.

For an experiment, try eating a bagel one morning
for breakfast, and scrambled eggs the next. You should
note that you are much hungrier by lunch time on the bagel
day.

Old October 20th 05, 03:17 AM
meee

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

she has seemed a lot happier a few days after replacing tinned with

dried
food as phil said...maybe it fills her up for longer or something. I

think
she also likes it better so eats more...i noticed with the dry that if

she
disliked the flavour, she wouldn't eat as much of it as the flavour she
liked.

Do you mean that you replaced dry with tinned?

In any case I'm glad she seems happier, that's always
a great feeling.

For an experiment, try eating a bagel one morning
for breakfast, and scrambled eggs the next. You should
note that you are much hungrier by lunch time on the bagel
day.

Yes :^) I'd been giving her dried, believing it was better for her teeth.
Now I have switched to tinned, what should I do to keep her teeth in good
nick? and which tinned foods are better? I haven't got heaps of cash to
throw around, but I don't want her eating crap either. I am going to try and
find a bulk outlet, maybe a pet store or vets, and see if I can buy more
expensive brands a bit cheaper.

Old October 20th 05, 06:22 AM
Snittens

"meee" wrote

Sounds good, one problem...is it available in australia? we have something
called 'petlife pet milk' lactose free with added whatsit, and whiskas
kitten milk....sound similar, or is it a totally different product??

It's different than that. Basically, it's the equivalent of infant formula
for human babies but made for kittens. This is what it is:
http://tinyurl.com/86qk5
You should have it in Aus, if you have stores that are like Petsmart,
Walmart, etc, or a feed store.

-Kelly

Jasmine is expecting meee Cat community 14 October 16th 05 03:51 PM
Jasmine (again) meee Cat health & behaviour 0 October 11th 05 02:54 AM
Pregnant jasmine meee Cat anecdotes 21 September 30th 05 04:38 PM
Jasmine is limping meee Cat health & behaviour 10 September 15th 05 08:20 AM
jasmine is a fussy eater. meee Cat health & behaviour 2 September 9th 05 07:04 AM