belly rubs w/sound effects

Old August 16th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

Default belly rubs w/sound effects

My little tuxie guy, Gabriel loves belly rubs! He will get a case of
'jelly' legs when I walk by, so I just have to give him some rubs. He
chirps and trills all the time I am rubbing that beautiful white belly
of his. Does anyone else have a cat that does that? The rest of my
crew don't do this.

Mishi
Old August 16th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-08-16 05:54:07 -0500, Mishi said:

My little tuxie guy, Gabriel loves belly rubs! He will get a case of
'jelly' legs when I walk by, so I just have to give him some rubs. He
chirps and trills all the time I am rubbing that beautiful white belly
of his. Does anyone else have a cat that does that? The rest of my
crew don't do this.
Mishi

Not mine, although Sugar loves belly rubs. It sounds adorable.

Old August 16th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:54:07 +0000, Mishi wrote:

My little tuxie guy, Gabriel loves belly rubs! He will get a case of
'jelly' legs when I walk by, so I just have to give him some rubs. He
chirps and trills all the time I am rubbing that beautiful white belly
of his. Does anyone else have a cat that does that? The rest of my
crew don't do this.

Mishi

TuTu doesn't make sounds during her belly rubs. However, if I start on
her chest, she uses her paws to push my hands lower so I really rub her
belly. MLB
Old August 16th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Mishi wrote:
My little tuxie guy, Gabriel loves belly rubs! He will get a case of
'jelly' legs when I walk by, so I just have to give him some rubs. He
chirps and trills all the time I am rubbing that beautiful white belly
of his. Does anyone else have a cat that does that? The rest of my
crew don't do this.

Mishi

Persia likes belly rubs but only on *her terms*. She tolerates them for a
minute but I can usually tell when I'm about to get the
paw-wrap-bunny-kicks-from-hell. I do have the scars to prove when I wasn't
paying close enough attention and didn't stop in time. She doesn't give me
sound effects when she's enjoying them, though.

Jill

Old August 17th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article , jmcquown
wrote:

Amy loves belly rubs, but only in a specific location in the house.
She'll run up the stairs to the landing and gets collapsable legs and I
have to reach through the banisters and rub her belly. I think she
feels safer if she's got me behind bars! She'll only rarely accept
belly rubs anywhere else. in the house. I do get purrs aplenty, but no
other sound effects. Oddly her sister, Rhia, who is much more relaxed
with hoomins in general doen't like the belly rubs much.

John, servant to Rhia and Amy

Old August 17th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

John A wrote:

Amy loves belly rubs, but only in a specific location in the house.
She'll run up the stairs to the landing and gets collapsable legs and I
have to reach through the banisters and rub her belly. I think she
feels safer if she's got me behind bars! She'll only rarely accept
belly rubs anywhere else. in the house. I do get purrs aplenty, but no
other sound effects. Oddly her sister, Rhia, who is much more relaxed
with hoomins in general doen't like the belly rubs much.

My cats all have Special Places where I am to give them ministrations.
Roxy has her special Petting Area on the throw rug in the living room.
Licky's spot is on the couch in my office, when I'm on the computer.

OK, I lied - Smudge is not picky about this and will receive petting
just about anywhere, the little slut. But she *really* loves belly
rubs when she's outside on the sidewalk in front of my house. She just
rolls and rolls, squirming around excitedly and displaying her belly.
She doesn't do this inside, although she does like to cuddle with me
on the couch, at the computer, in my bed, and anywhere else I'm not
moving.

Joyce
Old August 18th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Nikki was exactly the same when we went for walkies. The first thing she
would do when we came out the door was to throw herself on the ground
and squirm around. She would repeat it every few steps all along the
way. Oh, I miss those walkies!

Aw, wasn't it sweet to take a walk with a cat? I do this with Smudge
sometimes, and she just trots alongside me, stopping every so often to
check something out, and then running to catch up. Every so often,
she'll lose track of where I am, and start meowing loudly from some
unseen location. I'll just call for her, and she'll come bounding out
from behind a bush or wherever she is, and trot-trot-trot up to me,
meowing the whole way, no doubt complaining about how I'd disappeared.

Did you and Nikki take walks on the island, without a leash?

Joyce