News: First Cloned Cat Made

Old December 27th 04, 08:30 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-27, Barb penned:
Cat Protector, I didn't say I knew the woman with a cloned cat gave lots of
money to animal organizations. I just said it was my feeling that she does!
Whether she does or doesn't, it's her money. I guess you are a democrat, a
liberal at that and you probably believe in income re-distribution. If
someone has more than you they need to give it to you, right?

Whoa there, Nelly! I'm a liberal (you say that like it's a dirty word) and I
believe that it's her money to do with as she pleases.

Jeez. Republicans. *grin*

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 28th 04, 09:28 AM
Cat Protector

The woman is selfish and her cloning her cat does not help other felines.
All she did was add to the overpopulation problem and say NO to a cat
awaiting adoption in the shelter from getting a good home. That $50,000
could have helped a lot of cats in the shelter system.

You try telling a cat in the shelter that you are choosing cloning over
them. I would never have my cats cloned and if I was wealthy I would adopt
more cats from the shelter that needed a good home. Cloning does nothing to
help animals. It certainly doesn't help any of the cats already waiting to
be adopted find good homes. It also doesn't help the animal overpopulation
problem either. Cloning will add to it and thus ensure that more cats die
because the shelters are overcrowded. I wonder if you would have such a
supportive view of cloning if you saw the number of cats that die each year
as a result of an unwanted litter or saw how many cats were given up because
their humans simply had poor excuse for dumping them in the shelter.

Would you also be supportive of cloning if you saw someone drive down your
street and throw a cat out the window? How does cloning another cat help in
this situation. Many cats are dumped out on the streets each day simply
because the human had one of several excuses for doing so like "I am moving,
new baby, allergic," and the list goes on. You try pitching your support of
cloning to all the animal shelters that take in thousands of felines each
day. I doubt you'll get a response in favor of cloning.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Iain Halder" wrote in message
I don't think the woman is being selfish. Cloning is a new technology
which promises tremendous benefits for humanity as well, possibly, for
the rest of the animal kingdom. This woman has merely made use of
cloning technology to enliven the memory of a lost cat. I'm sure she
realises it is not the same as her original but those similarities she
has described will provide comfort to someone deeply hurt by the
original loss.

I know for myself that if I had the money to do such a thing then I
would not hesitate to do it for all of my three previous cats. Of
course, if I had such money then I know my local cat charities would
be very well supported and assisted financially as well.

Iain.H

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:34:39 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

How do you know she donates a great deal of money to animal organizations?
think she is selfish for paying $50,000 for a clone when many cats in the
shelters need good and loving homes. That $50,000 can go a long way to
also
help the shelters that house them until they are adopted. Simply put, that
woman wanted her cat cloned because she thought that her original cat
would
come back to her in some fashion but it would not be the same cat. As for
your $100 can of caviar theory it sounds to me like a pretty snobbish
attitude. Those rich with money should give back to the community.

Many animal shelters need money to survive. Adopting from a shelter not
only
gives a cat a new chance at a good life but the money for the adoption fee
goes right bacck into helping other cats awaiting adoption. The shelters
can
buy food, litter, toys and other items that the cats awaiting adoption
need.
$50,000 would sure be a blessing for many shelters to have but that woman
chose to deny a cat in the shelter a good and loving home by paying a lot
of
money to have one cloned. In a way she also is supporting animal
overpopulation as well by not getting a cat from the shelter. That woman
should be ashamed of herself.

Rescued Cats & Kittens Needing Homes
'o' www.celiahammond.org 'o'
'o' www.cat77.org.uk 'o'

Old December 28th 04, 04:53 PM
Barb

Jeez, Mary, now that you know I'm an R you don't like me. I guess I
alienated 50% of the cat group.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old December 28th 04, 07:08 PM
jmc

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:28:16 -0700, all of a sudden, "Monique Y.
Mudama" exclaimed:

On 2004-12-24, jmc penned:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie that had this in it - a company
named "RePet" that would provide cloned pets, complete with memories...

The 6th Day. An Arnie movie. RePet was probably the best part of it =)

That's it! Thank you. Memory isn't what it used to be.

jmc
usenet [at] jodi [dit] ws
Any day you learn something isn't a total waste.
Old December 28th 04, 09:14 PM

Barb wrote:
Jeez, Mary, now that you know I'm an R
you don't like me.

I can't speak for Mary, but the fact that you're an "R" had nothing to
do with my reaction to what you said and consequent
decision to categorize you as a reprehensible bitch.

I have friends that are Republican, but I don't let political
differences cloud a friendship and prefer to keep that subject off
limits.

What irks me is this bull**** from you:

"I guess you are a democrat, a liberal at that and you probably believe
in income re-distribution. If someone has more than you they need to
give it to you, right?"

I know many democrats, and not a single one would agree with the above
and that includes me. My view that is you work, your earn and you have
what you have, and if you have a lot and want to share or use it to do
good, great, but I nor others believe that we have some sort of
entitlement to it if we have less.

If you want someone to criticize, you need look no further than your own
party and the war, the thousands of dead, innocent civilian victims and
over a thousand dead soldiers that are fighting for...what?...the record
deficit, unemployment, the deteriorating environment, nationwide
election fraud, the prioritization of corporate interests with a blatant
disregard for fairness or the more important needs of citizens, the fact
that we are now the most hated nation on earth, and the list goes on...
and on... and on...

I guess I alienated 50% of the cat group.

My guess is you're low-balling that number.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Good News! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 August 3rd 04 09:42 AM
Good news Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 30 July 19th 04 01:03 PM
Good news here, too! (longish as usual) Karen Cat anecdotes 5 September 21st 03 09:41 PM
Good News! (OT) David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 10 September 1st 03 05:46 PM
Callisto's retirement news (long) dsh-diva Cat anecdotes 4 August 25th 03 10:48 PM