HELP! Bite marks behind ear

Old May 10th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default HELP! Bite marks behind ear

"Sherri" wrote in message
ups.com...

country_cinderella wrote:
Yes it is okay to use Neosporin, in fact the vet has often suggested

that
for my cats on occasion. Just be sure to carefully clean the area first

so
as not to trap any dirt/dust under the Neosporin

country_cinderella

"tomsheree" wrote in message
news
Thank you, I will isolate him till it heals. I appreciate the advice.

Is
it ok to use an antibiotic ointment on cats, like neosporin??

Bitter apple taste bad and its safe to use on cats. Be careful with the
bites, cat wound heal over very quickly and trap bacteria which can
cause a abscess

how!

lol

Old May 10th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

giving first aid to him, and it starts to heal and then he apparently gets
it chewed on more. He eventually will have a bald spot there I am sure.

Since you are giving first aid to him, here is some info. on abscesses. If
you think it's looks bad, I would suggest bringing him to your vet to look at
the bite wounds.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...d_abscess.html

Old May 18th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"tomsheree" wrote in message
news
Thank you, I will isolate him till it heals. I appreciate the advice. Is
it ok to use an antibiotic ointment on cats, like neosporin??

Bitter apple taste bad and its safe to use on cats. Be careful with the
bites, cat wound heal over very quickly and trap bacteria which can
cause a abscess

I don't think I'd use bitter apple near a wound.

Sherry