POLL: Do I get my cat to stop ****ing int the living room by...

Old September 25th 04, 10:32 AM
Peter Gordge

Try a Feliway diffuser.
It releases a synthetic felins pherimone that calms cats and also,
reportedly, will deter unwanted toileting.
"jimmy the LD" wrote in message
Moving the litter box to the likeable spot in the living room,

OR

Do I try some other method?

Jimmy

--
"...that simple light may rise out of complex darkness."
and don't forget to run like an antelope.

http://www.jimhutchison.com
http://music.jimhutchison.com

Old September 26th 04, 08:26 PM
Shirley Smith

wrote in message
Alex Hunsley wrote:

Remember to remove clumped urine/poop from the litter frequently (I do
it almost daily for my two kittens)

Almost daily? Try several times a day, even if only for keeping your
house a little fresher. Just because it's a litter box doesn't change
the fact you have urine and feces just sitting there, and by my
standards that is not very pleasant or civilized.

-mhd

I am coming into this rather late and don't know if this has been said yet.
Be sure to have the litter box(s) out of the high traffic areas. A secluded
area is best...not somewhere anyone can be coming thru at any time. Just my
thoughts.
Shirley

Old October 3rd 04, 04:59 AM
Murky_duckwater@notspamme_comcast.net

Is this new or has your kitty been doing this all along? You need to
rule out any medical problems such as urinary tract infection, etc.

Assuming no medical problems. Use and enzyme cleaner (Nature's Miracle
or Petastic to name a few) and leave a small bowl of treats for a few
days. If it¹s on carpet then really let it soak in to the pad bellow.
You can usually rent or borrow a ³black light² to help find any spots
you may not know about

Try different litters, there is one called Dr Elseys (www.petstop1.com
or some of the big ones) which guarantees results. And keep the litter
box very clean. If all this fails try ³Feliway² either the spray or the
plug in. Expensive but it works.

But(t) first things first, rule out any medical problems.

Old October 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
AC

Nice idea, but cats don't think like humans. To them, bodily functions are a
normal part of life, not to be hidden, or ashamed of.

To shape a cat, you need to think like a cat...

wrote in message
Alex Hunsley wrote:

Remember to remove clumped urine/poop from the litter frequently (I do
it almost daily for my two kittens)

Almost daily? Try several times a day, even if only for keeping your
house a little fresher. Just because it's a litter box doesn't change
the fact you have urine and feces just sitting there, and by my
standards that is not very pleasant or civilized.

-mhd

I am coming into this rather late and don't know if this has been said

yet.
Be sure to have the litter box(s) out of the high traffic areas. A

secluded
area is best...not somewhere anyone can be coming thru at any time. Just

my
thoughts.
Shirley

---

Old October 23rd 04, 03:44 AM
Mimi Forsyth

Almost daily? Try several times a day, even if only for keeping your
house a little fresher. Just because it's a litter box doesn't change

We like our toilets flushed...cats like theirs clean too

www.mimiforsyth.com