Half Siamese, Half Himalayan=?

Old December 21st 04, 04:22 AM
Slimpickins

Default Half Siamese, Half Himalayan=?

Hi everyone,

I just found out that my dearly departed, 19 1/2 year old 'baby child'
named Blue, was actually a half Siamese and half Himalayan. Blue's been
'gone' exactly one month ago, today-Dec.20th-04.

So what exactly did this bloodline make him/Blue? A mix breed? Or, is there
an actual name for a breed like this?

As an aside: For all those who kindly took the time to respond to my last
several posts, I have just* gotten a white medium-haired kitten who I've
named "Dove". He has one blue eye and one hazel eye. Although he's not
really super laid-back, he is* relatively calm and fairly gentle. Dove also
can simply 'be' with me in the same room without constantly* running around
and He can also just observe me. He makes eye contact with me when I speak
with him, and already seems to know my voice/ his name..? So, I'm reeeally
happy to announce him as my new 'baby' addition.

ML

Old December 21st 04, 04:51 AM
Gail

Congratulations on your new baby. Blue was a mixed breed. I'm sure Dove will
be a beauty, too.
Gail

Old December 21st 04, 07:11 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:22:33 +0000, Slimpickins wrote:

[...]

From what I have read about cat genetics, the Himmie decended originally
from the Siamese, so you could rightfully call your beloved a Siamese
offspring. IMHO Siamese are wonderful cats.

Congrats on your new babycat. MLB

Old December 21st 04, 08:43 PM
Slimpickins

"mlbriggs" wrote in message

news
[...]

From what I have read about cat genetics, the Himmie decended originally
from the Siamese, so you could rightfully call your beloved a Siamese
offspring. IMHO Siamese are wonderful cats.

Congrats on your new babycat. MLB

**Thanks MLB,

I really wonder why Siamese and Himalayan's are NOT bred? To me, this is a
no brainer. Blue was such a sweet cat and so beautiful ( he was apricot
flame point), inside and out. He neeever had any behaval problems / issues.
Would come if I whistled, was extremely obedient and loyal. Extremly docile
and gentle. Good God, I can't even begin to name all the excellent charator
traits that he had.

Needlesstosay, I would get another fifty-fifty-(Siamese and Himalayan breed
of cat) in a heart-beat if* I knew where they were available, And if I knew
about the parent/cats' personality.

Honestly, IMO, this 'mix' should* be a *new* breed, no doubt in my mind.
And I can't believe that if, and since, the 'Persian' breed is so readily
available ( and I personally would NOT want a Persian), then why* in the
world isn't the Siamese and Himalayan 'Mixed blend' available??! Comments
and suggestions are welcome.

ML

Old December 21st 04, 08:57 PM
TCS

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:22:33 GMT, Slimpickins wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just found out that my dearly departed, 19 1/2 year old 'baby child'
named Blue, was actually a half Siamese and half Himalayan. Blue's been
'gone' exactly one month ago, today-Dec.20th-04.

So what exactly did this bloodline make him/Blue? A mix breed? Or, is there
an actual name for a breed like this?

Himalayan is a cross between Siamese and Persian.

A half himi half siamese would be 3/4 siamese, 1/4 Persian.

Old December 21st 04, 09:49 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:

[...]

I'm sure that your Blue was all these things and more, but he's one data
point. Even if you did get another siamese/himalayan, there's no guarantee
the cat would have all of the traits you loved about Blue. It wouldn't be
fair to the new cat, either, to expect it to behave a certain way just because
another cat did. Half the fun of a pet or child is watching them develop
their own unique personalities!

Congrats on Dove!

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 21st 04, 10:09 PM
Slimpickins

On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I'm sure that your Blue was all these things and more, but he's one data
point. Even if you did get another siamese/himalayan, there's no

guarantee
the cat would have all of the traits you loved about Blue. It wouldn't be
fair to the new cat, either, to expect it to behave a certain way just

because
another cat did. Half the fun of a pet or child is watching them develop
their own unique personalities!

Congrats on Dove!

**Thank you, Monique. And yes, Dove is "Ma boy!" ;-).

I was thinking along the lines that everything I've read regarding
Himalayan's say that they are known for being extremely docile and gentle
( save for the occasional anomalies and inbreds). Siamese are known for
being very loyal and smart. To me this combo = Excellence.

So why not breed for those not so common and excellent traits... Hummm.. I
think I've had a light bulb moment :-). I have just* discovered my new
occupation...Now, if I can jussst find the right people that haven't* (oh,
this is a Biggie) already spayed their great & beautiful Siamese's and
Himalayans.
I digress.

ML

Old December 21st 04, 11:31 PM
KellyH

"Slimpickins" wrote in message
So why not breed for those not so common and excellent traits... Hummm.. I
think I've had a light bulb moment :-). I have just* discovered my new
occupation...Now, if I can jussst find the right people that haven't* (oh,
this is a Biggie) already spayed their great & beautiful Siamese's and
Himalayans.
I digress.

Ugh!! Just what we need... someone who has no idea what the F they are
doing to start breeding cats. I'm sure if you look around, you will already
find someone who had this brilliant idea before.

Why don't you breed a potbellied pig and an elephant? Then you can make
pygmy elephants!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old December 21st 04, 11:56 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I was thinking along the lines that everything I've read regarding
Himalayan's say that they are known for being extremely docile and gentle (
save for the occasional anomalies and inbreds). Siamese are known for
being very loyal and smart. To me this combo = Excellence.

So why not breed for those not so common and excellent traits... Hummm.. I
think I've had a light bulb moment :-). I have just* discovered my new
occupation...Now, if I can jussst find the right people that haven't* (oh,
this is a Biggie) already spayed their great & beautiful Siamese's and
Himalayans. I digress.

I don't know all that much about breeding and genetics, but it does seem to me
that in breeding, 2+2 doesn't necessarily equal 4. I'd do some research
before you put together a business plan for the venture capitalists!

That being said, of course it's true that cats are breeding in all sorts of
combinations, all on their own. My main reservation with your idea is that I
know there are *so* many cats out there who do need homes that I hate the idea
of even more being produced.

Old December 21st 04, 11:58 PM
Slimpickins

Ugh!! Just what we need... someone who has no idea what the F they are
doing to start breeding cats. I'm sure if you look around, you will

already
find someone who had this brilliant idea before.

Why don't you breed a potbellied pig and an elephant? Then you can make
pygmy elephants!

--
-Kelly

** Yaaawn. What a blanky-blank horror that would be. Lighten up, Kelly. You
must be in your 20's. Oh and BTW, since when is mating within the same class
of species the same as mating between non related species, like a
"potbellied pig and an elephant"? Bone up on your science, will you?

PLONK...

ML