Feline renal failure

Old March 17th 05, 01:11 PM
martin

Default Feline renal failure

Hope somebody can help.
I have two beautiful cats, who are getting on a bit in age. Both are
beginning to to suffer kidney disorders. My vet prescribed Hills KD
dry pellets. This seems to work fine, but it is way beyond my budget,
and it looks like they will have to be on this food for the rest of
their lives.
If anybody knows of a really good alternative, or how to obtain Hills
at a reduced cost (in Ireland), I would like to hear from you.
Many thanx.
Martin.

Old March 18th 05, 01:58 AM
Flippy

Hi Martin,

My cats have to be on HILLS prescription diet too. Although the cost may
seem expensive, it is in fact cheaper than cans for several reasons.
Firstly, the cats are satisfied with less dry food so therefore don't eat as
much. Secondly, the cats aren't getting sick so less vet bills.

--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

ups.com...

Old March 18th 05, 11:42 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 17 Mar 2005 04:11:39 -0800, "martin"
wrote:

Hope somebody can help.
I have two beautiful cats, who are getting on a bit in age. Both are
beginning to to suffer kidney disorders. My vet prescribed Hills KD
dry pellets. This seems to work fine, but it is way beyond my budget,
and it looks like they will have to be on this food for the rest of
their lives.
If anybody knows of a really good alternative, or how to obtain Hills
at a reduced cost (in Ireland), I would like to hear from you.
Many thanx.
Martin.

Sorry, nothing to send except purrs that your babies will live a long,
happy, time yet. And, purrs that someone else will have some help with
finding a cheaper alternative
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 18th 05, 07:59 PM

wrote:

Hope somebody can help.
I have two beautiful cats, who are getting on a bit in age. Both are
beginning to to suffer kidney disorders. My vet prescribed Hills KD
dry pellets. This seems to work fine, but it is way beyond my budget,
and it looks like they will have to be on this food for the rest of
their lives.
If anybody knows of a really good alternative, or how to obtain Hills
at a reduced cost (in Ireland), I would like to hear from you.
Many thanx.
Martin.

You have my sympathy, as another slave to a CRF cat.

Mine is on Hill's g/d, as he refuses to eat k/d. As far as I know,
there are no cheaper alternatives in terms of getting Hill's at a
discount. However, you may want to call around your local vet's
offices. Some mark up the food more than others, and you may be able
to find it a *little* cheaper elsewhere. Most places will sell you
the food as long as you have a receipt from your vet that s/he has
sold it to you before.

The only other thing is that I have heard Purina has a CRF diet,
although I don't know if it is any good. I personally would stick
with the Hill's if you can.

Best of luck,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)

Question about a vax Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 29 March 4th 05 02:37 AM
Feline Cardiac Failure Deputy Dog Cat health & behaviour 20 October 21st 04 04:19 AM
Thyroid surgery Mary Cat health & behaviour 96 July 20th 04 11:18 PM
Old cat question. Chronic renal failure and epilepsy Maj. Richard H. Blount (OHMR Ret.) Cat health & behaviour 18 June 21st 04 06:54 AM
feed Nutro? Tamara Cat health & behaviour 90 November 19th 03 01:57 AM