A big Ooops!

Old October 7th 17, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A big Ooops!

I'm not fond of being scratched, however inadvertently. Since Buffy
won't let me trim her nails I've taken to putting a folded towel across
my lap when she wants to sit on me when I'm typing.

After a play session with her earlier I wanted to check email and
newsgroups. I put the towel in my lap when she started circling around
my feet. I wasn't quite ready for her to jump up, though. She jumped
up, the towel slid off my lap and she went kerflunk! onto the floor.
She took the towel with her. Ooops!

In typical cat fashion, she looked at me like "I meant to do that". LOL

I got the towel situated back on my lap and she jumped right up. This
time I was ready. No slip-sliding away. I patted her and gave her
scritches. She purred. She was in my lap for a while after I starting
typing this post.

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing. Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone! (He doesn't own a computer
and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time. Why don't you
time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill
Old October 7th 17, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

On 10/6/2017 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing.Â* Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone!Â* (He doesn't own a computer
and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time.Â* Why don't you
time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill

Duffy always takes over my lap when I try to type. He especially
doesn't like the phone. He will give me about 2 minutes on the phone,
then he starts to howl. Regular callers expect it, and they get a big
laugh out of it. It's clear that Duffy doesn't like to have my
attention diverted elsewhere. He's on my lap right now because I'm
trying to type this message, and it surely makes it awkward to try to
type. Yes, he makes it clear that he is the Owner.

MaryL
Old October 7th 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 08:08:58 -0500, MaryL
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

I know this is old school stuff, but try reading a newspaper and see
where the cat ends up.
Old October 7th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/7/2017 9:08 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 10/6/2017 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing.Â* Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone!Â* (He doesn't own a
computer and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time.Â* Why don't
you time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill

Duffy always takes over my lap when I try to type.Â* He especially
doesn't like the phone.Â* He will give me about 2 minutes on the phone,
then he starts to howl.Â* Regular callers expect it, and they get a big
laugh out of it.Â* It's clear that Duffy doesn't like to have my
attention diverted elsewhere.Â* He's on my lap right now because I'm
trying to type this message, and it surely makes it awkward to try to
type.Â* Yes, he makes it clear that he is the Owner.

MaryL

Hugs to you and Duffy.

Buffy doesn't mind if I'm on the phone in the den, not even when I'm on
the phone and also have the TV on. It seems she does not like the combo
of typing and being on the phone at the same time.

When I'm on the phone with John and I'm sitting in front of the
computer, Buffy starts meowing and carrying on. He can hear her and we
start laughing. She gets irritated and starts trying to climb up the
sweater hanging from the back of my chair.

I invite her into my lap to quiet her down. Due to her sharp claws I
place a towel in my lap. It was comical when she leaped, landed and
slid onto the floor with the towel. I'm sorry I wasn't ready for her.

It's not as though she's starved for attention. But she sure does get
vocal. Persia was a rather quiet cat, unless she saw another cat. She
didn't talk a lot. Buffy is quite the opposite.

Jill
Old October 7th 17, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

Depends on the cat!

I don't get any newspapers but I suspect it depends on where you're sitting.

I read books. Lots of books. Stretched out on the couch in the den.
Buffy is often right there next to me. She doesn't interfere with the
books. She does like to rub her face against them and sniff them. (I
read a lot so that's 3-5 ooks per week to sniff.) She'll climb up
towards my chest and get me to give her neck scritches. Rub her ears.
She purrs. Then she kind of flops over and takes a nap right there,
half on top of me. I continue to read my book, give her soothing words
and the occasional pat. Only removing my hand from her soft fur when I
need to turn a page. It's really sweet.

Jill
Old October 8th 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

I know what you mean. When I used to read newspapers, I usually had a
cat right in the middle of it. Notice I said when i *used* to read
newspapers. My vision will not let me read newspapers now. I still do
a lot of reading, but I do it electronically--I read news on the
Internet (and watch news on TV, of course), and I read books on my
Kindle. I love that because I can set the font right where I want it.

MaryL

Old October 9th 17, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

Yes, I like books, but mostly I read on my phone.

I Won! but... Ooops! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 April 11th 11 10:52 PM
Ooops! sandra Cat anecdotes 6 August 23rd 06 02:36 AM
Ooops! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 August 26th 05 03:58 PM
Ooops, Maybe I should go on a diet :) ~jag~ Cat anecdotes 4 June 5th 05 03:00 PM
Ooops! :-) Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 12 October 27th 04 09:58 AM