Chloe did it again

Old July 13th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Chloe did it again

Chloe vanished for several weeks again. Late last week she showed up
calmly walking up the driveway ... then she say one of the big red tabbies
and took off at a right angle for the west fence.

She came in today - very nervous at first, but she has calmed down. I
have her distracted right now with the pasta sauce left over from supper,
otherwise, she would be in my lap.

I don't know what's going to happen when I go to bed. The prefers the
corner of the bed at the ehad between my pillow and the edge, but Snowball
(who seems to have given up her habit of disapearing for weeks on end) has
claimed that spot, and tigger and CJ share the other side of my pillow.

--

T.E.D. )

Old July 13th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
Chloe vanished for several weeks again. Late last week she showed up
calmly walking up the driveway ... then she say one of the big red tabbies
and took off at a right angle for the west fence.

She came in today - very nervous at first, but she has calmed down. I
have her distracted right now with the pasta sauce left over from supper,
otherwise, she would be in my lap.

I don't know what's going to happen when I go to bed. The prefers the
corner of the bed at the ehad between my pillow and the edge, but Snowball
(who seems to have given up her habit of disapearing for weeks on end) has
claimed that spot, and tigger and CJ share the other side of my pillow.

--

T.E.D. )

It sounds as though you'll be lucky to get any sleep tonight! I'm glad
she's home.

Joy

Old July 13th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:18:32 -0700, Joy wrote:

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
Chloe vanished for several weeks again. Late last week she showed up
calmly walking up the driveway ... then she say one of the big red
tabbies and took off at a right angle for the west fence.

She came in today - very nervous at first, but she has calmed down. I
have her distracted right now with the pasta sauce left over from
supper, otherwise, she would be in my lap.

I don't know what's going to happen when I go to bed. The prefers the
corner of the bed at the ehad between my pillow and the edge, but
Snowball (who seems to have given up her habit of disapearing for weeks
on end) has claimed that spot, and tigger and CJ share the other side of
my pillow.

--

T.E.D. )

It sounds as though you'll be lucky to get any sleep tonight! I'm glad
she's home.

She didn't even come into the bedroom (that I know of), but something,
possibly her presence in the house, prompted an invasion of my bed
immediately after I lay down: Thump! Thump! - Millie and Fluffy almost at
the same second, then THUMP!! - Tigger (obese) and silently, Mudpie ...
all within less than a minute. Snowball was already there. I had cats
all over me and along both sides. Then within a few minutes, Fluffy left,
and CJ and Curly jumped up. At the peak, I had five cats demanding to be
petted at the same time, and I have only two hands.

Chloe was in the living room when I got to the kitchen this morning, and
almost as soon as I sat down, she was back in my lap.

Curious thing: she hisses at the three big red tabbies, and is clearly
afraid of them, but she is completely at ease with all the others. Except
Snowball, who hisses at all other cats.

--
T.E.D. )