cat - mouse problem

Old May 17th 04, 02:03 AM
moon

Default cat - mouse problem

I know this may sound a very weird question but I have a huge problem with
my cat.

Almost every night my cat brings in a mouse, most of the time it's dead ,
sometimes it's alive
In the frist place I have it to wake up in the morning to take a mouse by
the tail and throw it away but in the second place, we don't have any
nightrest!
when the cat comes in with the mouse she does make very loud noise, it's
like she wants us to tell that she brought that.
Our cat is about 8y and she does that since 7-8 months now, before she
caught a mouse 3-4 times a year but now it's almost every night, and one
night she brought 3x a dead mouse in.

Someone told me that I should get the cat a bell so it can't hunt anymore
(mouse hears the bell) but it does not help.

Can anyone advice me how I can prevent my cat from doing this? so I can have
my nightrest back?
I can't keep my cat in the house, she wants to be outside, so that is not an
option.

Please advice me what I can do

thanks in advance

Old May 17th 04, 06:39 AM
Tracy

Well, clearly your cat has happened upon a ready supply of mice. You
could wait it out, expecting that the gravy train will eventually run
out and she'll return to her few times a month average of hunting
success. You could keep her inside at night and just let her out
during the day when she's less likely to succeed in hunting. You could
try to train her to dispose of her kills outside without bringing them
into the house, maybe by forcing her outside with mouse when she has
one or using a spray bottle. There's not a whole lot else you can do.
Cats are carnivores.

Old May 29th 04, 04:29 PM
BETTEY JOHNSON

Your cat must love you very much to bring you so many gifts, A Siamese
once had was always bring home mice and birds. He would pout like a kid
if I didn't pretend I was pleased with his present. We lived near a
railroad spur and he even brought home rabbits but he wouldn't at them
raw so my husband would clean them and they would dine on fried rabbit.
Bettey, from Dayton...