Question on rescuing

Old April 7th 05, 08:31 PM
Jan Harris

The "very" sad part is, many people do not know that a cat [like humans]
need love and attention. Rescue this kitty if you can. I have 8, very
abused cats that my husband & I have taken into our lives. The biter,
Smozzie [got bit about 9 times in 2 years] has even come around & let's
us cuddle her. It took time to get her trust. Smozzie would have been
put to sleep, she was un-adoptable. Your heart is in the right place, go
with it.

Old April 10th 05, 04:42 AM
hobbs

My white cat Henri RB was an outdoor indoor cat but mostly indoor
and no way would he ever have attached himself to some one else,
He would let the neighbours talk to him and pet him, but he knew where he
lived and was loved. He was 13 when I lost him
Jean.P.

On 2005-04-03, MaryL penned:

This sounds like a cat that really does need to be rescued. What
did the guy sound like? Do you think he would be open to a request
from you that he consider letting you adopt her (and possibly even a
token payment)? You would be doing the cat a big favor, and it
sounds like you would get a delightful companion.

As an alternate point of view, Tirya did say that the cat appears to
be in good health, and she's obviously not afraid of people. Maybe
she's just an indoor/outdoor cat who's also a lap fungus and eats food
whenever she can get it. I've certainly read plenty of stories of
apartment cats who go from door to door, mooching food from the
complex with their "woe is me" looks, while the owner is frustrated
that the cat's diet just doesn't seem to be helping it lose weight.

I know a lot of people immediately equate cats being allowed outdoors
to animal abuse, but I don't think it's that black and white, even
though I keep my cat indoors.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 16th 05, 09:00 PM

If you looked under the cat's tail and it was not very obvious then the
cat is a female. Male cats have testicles that can be seen easily even
when they are walking away from you.

A cat does not usually eat unless it is hungry. if she is downing the
food as you discribed she is probably a stray. The only other
possibility is if she is lactating, then she would eat 2 to 4 times as
much as a non lactating cat. Cats nurse kittens for about 8 weeks, so if
that amount of time has gone by, it would probably be okay to adopt her.
Just make sure to take her to a vet as soon as possible.

Cat lady of Navarre, Fl

Just remember that it's a grand illusion

Deep inside we're all the same

STYX

The truth is out there.

X-files