OT A wasted day

Old December 2nd 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default OT A wasted day

I have an "Ectropion" in my right eye. This is basically a drooping
lower eyelid. It tends to get irritated and bloodshot. The local eye
surgeon does not do that type of surgery so he referred me to a surgeon
at Dartmouth-Hitchcock medical center. I drove there yesterday (about 2
hours) to see the surgeon. First I saw a "tech" who checked my vision,
tested for glaucoma, and recorded all kinds of medical data. Then I saw
the photographer who took multiple pictures of my eye. Then, after a
wait, the surgeon appeared and told me he couldn't do my surgery because
he was leaving Dartmouth. He had me make an appointment with another
surgeon. I will have to go through the whole procedure again. The
Ectropion doesn't really bother me a lot so I think I will scrap the
whole idea. This morning I called the medical center and lodged a
complaint because they should have notified me and re-scheduled my
appointment instead of letting me make a useless trip.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 2nd 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:59:29 -0500, (---MIKE---)
wrote:

[...]

What a PITA! Can't they just transfer all your test results from this
first doctor (who shouldn't have bothered to do them at all if he
can't follow through!) to the guy who takes over from him?
Old December 4th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default OT A wasted day-UPDATEI

I had a phone call from the medical cent-
er today. The doctor is willing to do the interview and surgery at the
same time. They also said that I can probably have the stitches removed
by my local eye surgeon. This means I should only have to make one
trip. This was a concern because I have to bring someone with me to
drive home. I guess it pays to complain.

Old December 4th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

good for you!
Christine

[OT] Wasted Lunch Marina Cat anecdotes 0 August 1st 06 05:28 AM
[OT] Wasted Lunch Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 0 July 31st 06 08:43 PM
[OT] Wasted Lunch Matthew Cat anecdotes 0 July 31st 06 08:37 PM
it wasted, you joined, yet Russ never steadily lifted in the house Ugliest Slutty Cumguzzler Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 03:46 PM
A wasted box Exocat Cat anecdotes 6 July 16th 04 08:37 PM