My 'review' on the Sunny Seats I bought...

Old April 5th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default My 'review' on the Sunny Seats I bought...

hopitus wrote:
On Apr 5, 10:09 am, Winnie wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:49 am, hopitus wrote:

On Apr 5, 7:08 am, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 07:50:16 -0700 (PDT), hopitus
wrote:
On Apr 4, 8:19 am, dgk wrote:
Well, I tried mine. First, they're too wide for my windows by about an
inch. They work at a slight angle. And they don't work too well since
I'm also having trouble with the suction cups falling off. I got
better at it though and my last attempt has held the seedling tray for
two days - with no seelings yet.
The suction cups seem pretty crappy. I'm going to check Home Despot
for better cups. I'd prefer not to return the seats because they are
amost perfect for holding up those tomato trays. Maybe I can find
something at Home Despot that will work instead, because I don't know
if I can trust the seats with my cats.
Snork. If your cat weighed 32# like mine does, you would not even
consider
installing one of those things. All I can envision is him and seat
crash landing
on the tv with a disastrous result.
Or taking the window out with it. Your cat really weighs 32#?- Hide quoted text -
Snaggly is a *really big* male ragdoll cat and His Grayness' weogjt
varoes
betweem 31# and 32#. I was taking a good hard look at him last night
as he
was snoozing in frustration smack against the living room slider doors
to our
deck, frustrated because I had totally refused to let him out to his
deck chair
yesterday because *the hoomin* was yeah, cold (it hit 19oF yesterday)
and
he was all spread out in sleep; I thought, "OMG he is *bigger* than a
little
dog, he is almost a yard long, including his tail."
He does not realize that his "baby kitten meow" is ridiculous coming
out of
a feline his size, but I never tell him that.

That was what came across my mind when I read about his size --
he is bigger than some of the dogs that live in my building!
Since you said he is all muscles, I hope he is not overweight- Hide quoted text -

How would I know if he is overweight? Duh. Two sources who *would*
know
and tell me if they thought he was are
1. Our vet, who is a female and so does not terrify Snag
2. Our local shelter, where I do volunteer tasks and occaisional
xrays, when
Snag & I come to visit frequently and for the low-cost vaccinations
there and
pet license renewals. Snag does not like these visits but the Animal
Control
Officers all know him and welcome us both. The Director's daughter is
a recent
grad and newbie xray tech (hoomin) and I bring in for her the
professional
mags and journals I get mailed to me frequently by the medical ass'ns.
Snaggly eats, drinks,pees, poops, and loves *big*. The only other cat
I ever
saw was a black one that lived on a boat in the Miami River with this
old lady
I knew there; she always said (which I took with a grain of salt) he
was part
FL panther and that was why he was enormous.

He could have some "black panther" in his genes -- those cats do get
around. When I was in my late teens our Ginger, an orange tabby male,
was as large as a small dog,. I seem to remember a saying that cats were
made so man could caress the tiger. MLB
Old April 6th 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

On Apr 4, 8:19 am, dgk wrote:
[...]

Nipsy is my largest at 16# or so, but he's very fluffy and looks even
bigger. He also makes a little EEP noise that seems a bit of let down
considering his size. He is a very gentle giant and does not throw his
weight around the other cats. Still, Snaggly is twice his size.
Ocelot?