Hairball Awareness Day!

Old April 29th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Hairball Awareness Day!

I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada! For
one thing, the Animal Health Care website tells us that a typical cat
hairball isn't round but tubular, "approximately 1 cm. in diameter and
about 4 cm. long." We know its shape - we've cleaned enough of them
off our carpets - but we haven't bothered to measure one. So to you,
happy Hairball Awareness Day!

http://www.animalhealthcare.ca/default.asp
Old April 29th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada! For
one thing, the Animal Health Care website tells us that a typical cat
hairball isn't round but tubular, "approximately 1 cm. in diameter and
about 4 cm. long." We know its shape - we've cleaned enough of them
off our carpets - but we haven't bothered to measure one. So to you,
happy Hairball Awareness Day!

http://www.animalhealthcare.ca/default.asp

Dante must have known the date!!! LOL

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 29th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

"Kreisleriana" schreef in bericht
m...

"Bobcat" wrote in message
I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada! For
one thing, the Animal Health Care website tells us that a typical cat
hairball isn't round but tubular, "approximately 1 cm. in diameter and
about 4 cm. long." We know its shape - we've cleaned enough of them
off our carpets - but we haven't bothered to measure one. So to you,
happy Hairball Awareness Day!

http://www.animalhealthcare.ca/default.asp

Dante must have known the date!!! LOL

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

So that's why I found a hairball when I got up this morning. Misty wanted me
to be axtra aware ;-)

Nanny

Old April 29th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Apr 29, 9:48 am, "Nanny" wrote:

So that's why I found a hairball when I got up this morning. Misty wanted me
to be axtra aware ;-)
Nanny

Ah, Dante and Misty know how to celebrate Hairball Day. Our Emily's a
shorthair so she doesn't provide many hairballs. But she did the next
best thing - a big messy puddle of half-digested cat food, deposited
on my office work table!
Old April 29th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Willow is a longer hair and she can hurk a hairball with the best of them!
I put stuff on her paws today and she was very insulted.

Old April 29th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bobcat wrote:

I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada!

LOL, and here I thought only the the USA had silly "holidays". (Well,
Australia has a few odd ones, too - after all, that's where Talk Like a
Pirate Day originated.) Every morning at about 9 AM, the radio announcer
on my station reads off a list of international holidays. Other countries
get solemn things like National Liberation Day, and we get things like
National Kiss Your Pet Pig Day. It's funny, but maybe a tad embarrassing
sometimes.

So to you, happy Hairball Awareness Day!

Why thank you. I'm sure someone at home will be celebrating at some point
during the day.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 29th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

On Apr 29, 9:48 am, "Nanny" wrote:

So that's why I found a hairball when I got up this morning. Misty wanted
me
to be axtra aware ;-)
Nanny

Ah, Dante and Misty know how to celebrate Hairball Day. Our Emily's a
shorthair so she doesn't provide many hairballs. But she did the next
best thing - a big messy puddle of half-digested cat food, deposited
on my office work table!

Well, the Awareness campaign seems to be working. The Dante contribution is
timely, because he produces so few of them.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 30th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Bobcat" wrote in message
I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada! For
one thing, the Animal Health Care website tells us that a typical cat
hairball isn't round but tubular, "approximately 1 cm. in diameter and
about 4 cm. long." We know its shape - we've cleaned enough of them
off our carpets - but we haven't bothered to measure one. So to you,
happy Hairball Awareness Day!

http://www.animalhealthcare.ca/default.asp

Ok, I knew that some one will find a "day" for just about anything, but this
is kinda silly. I now have to find "Happy Hairball Day" cards, throw a
Hairball Day party for the owners, send out Hairball day prezzies, and so
forth. It's unfair I tell you. Totally unfair.

Pam S. losing it.

Old April 30th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:
I just thought I'd let you folks at RPCA know that today, Tuesday
April 29th, is National Hairball Awareness Day here in Canada! For
one thing, the Animal Health Care website tells us that a typical cat
hairball isn't round but tubular, "approximately 1 cm. in diameter and
about 4 cm. long." We know its shape - we've cleaned enough of them
off our carpets - but we haven't bothered to measure one. So to you,
happy Hairball Awareness Day!

http://www.animalhealthcare.ca/default.asp

LOL! Happily, Mir and Caliban rarely hurk any hairballs. I don't think
Mir's ever done it, Caliban maybe three times in his life.

Big hairball badwilson Cat anecdotes 3 April 1st 06 09:41 PM
cat sensitivity/awareness John Doe Cat health & behaviour 16 January 22nd 06 02:39 PM
Hairball Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 30 October 19th 04 10:40 PM
Hairball help kaeli Cat health & behaviour 12 September 14th 04 08:38 PM