Boyfriend must have

Old June 6th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default Boyfriend must have

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 9:10 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
..
How on earth does he last out?

Many years ago when we had Isis and Fugazi I was at home alone as Dave
was round a friend's house and for some reason I had to go to my
parents house where I would be staying the night. Dave had called and
said he was going to stay round our friends and Mallet and Helena came
over and offered me a lift back towards my parents- this would be
about 6.30 in the evening. As we were going Helena asked if she could
just use the loo and I said sure but leave the bathroom door open so
the cats can get to their litter trays. The next day Dave met me at
lunchtime and got home about 3.00PM and when he got in he realised
Helena had shut the bathroom door- both cats gave him what he called a
look of desperation and as soon as he opened the bathroom door they
were both in the nearest box with looks of complete and utter relief
as what sounded like Niagra Falls followed. They'd had no access to
the litter tray for 20 and a half hours and they'd had crossed their
legs and not done anything anywhere in the flat

-----
Aw, what good kitties!

Boyfie has now gone outside, phew.
I've seen him hold himself for 24 hours before, but this is a new record.
I just wish he would use a litter box in an emergency like thunderstorms,
but he resolutely refuses to do so.
Oh, here he is, back now, I guess he wee'd for ages, poor lad.
He does not seem to have to wee very often, though. I've seen him scratch
at the earth and sit there for ages just relieving himself presumably
because it's too much trouble to go more often..
Tweed

Old June 6th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

Boyfie has now gone outside, phew.
I've seen him hold himself for 24 hours before, but this is a
new record.
I just wish he would use a litter box in an emergency like
thunderstorms, but he resolutely refuses to do so.

Not cats, but human...

On a first aid course, one of the instructors told us about when
he had a fractured pelvis due to a motorcycle accident. He told
us how important it is to encourage the casualty to 'hold it',
because elimination may cause severe internal injuries as
pressure is relieved - pressure which may be holding a fracture
in place. He managed to hold his bladder for fourteen hours, only
finally letting go when the general anaesthetic for surgery took
effect!

--
MatSav