OT - More job fun

Old July 29th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default OT - More job fun

Dan M wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

I suspect that I'm going to end up back in a truck before the end of the
year. I really love getting home every night and earning a decent living,
but these people are going to drive me crazy. The customers I have to
support are idiots, most of my coworkers are beyond clueless (the
description I prefer for them is "dynamically anticluefull"), and those
who aren't are irritating beyond belief. I love the majority of the work
(keeping Linux and FreeBSD production servers running), but I'm spending
more and more time every week doing idiot-support. I'm afraid I have a
very low tolerance for idiots

It's a back-and-forth thing, lately. I notice that some people are
getting disillusioned with work that they had high hopes for when they
started. A lot of people issues. At work, I always hope that I'm
more a positive than a negative on people's morale.

It's a hard decision, on your part. Where you are, it's easier to get
out than get back in.

Old July 29th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Dan M wrote:

Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

Yeah, mine finally disappeared for good, Thursday! (Of
course, my official "retirement" party was the end of June,
so I really can't complain.) At least I do have retirement
income which should be enough to live on (although I've had
that plus three days a week salary for the past five years,
and it's much easier to adjust to a higher than to a lower
income).

Old July 29th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Dan M wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

I suspect that I'm going to end up back in a truck before the end of the
year. I really love getting home every night and earning a decent living,
but these people are going to drive me crazy. The customers I have to
support are idiots, most of my coworkers are beyond clueless (the
description I prefer for them is "dynamically anticluefull"), and those
who aren't are irritating beyond belief. I love the majority of the work
(keeping Linux and FreeBSD production servers running), but I'm spending
more and more time every week doing idiot-support. I'm afraid I have a
very low tolerance for idiots

Dan,

Having been an "idiot" that needs to call tech support, I think it takes
a certain talent and patience to be doing your job. There are people I
remember from my first days on the computer (I won't way how many years
ago!) who had the patience of saints. I will remember their kindness
forever.

If you are at the stage where everyone is an idiot and everyone is
irritating, then it's probably time for you to get out. In your job, you
really need to like people and want to help them, which I suspect you do
-- but it sounds like you've reached the burn-out level where everyone
is a problem. I've worked in customer service and we had several
co-workers who were at burn-out stage. Each call was a problem, every
person who called was stupid, it was time for them to at least take a
long break!

Customer service can be a tough job and is not for everyone. I hope you
find a job you like.

Rhonda

Old July 31st 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Dan M wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

So when you can spare a few extra purrs, I could use some that I can make
some appropriate decisions regarding my career.

"Better job quick" purrs on the way.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 2nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

I suspect that I'm going to end up back in a truck before the end of the
year. I really love getting home every night and earning a decent living,
but these people are going to drive me crazy. snip
So when you can spare a few extra purrs, I could use some that I can make
some appropriate decisions regarding my career.

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to get a job that you like and
pays well,
Polonca and Soncek