This is my friend Victor Martinez

Old July 17th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Reported....

CatNipped wrote:
I got a note from Photobucket in response to my complaint saying the
image was removed and they have submitted a report to the Internet
Crime Division of the FBI. I tested the link to the image, and it
has been removed and replaced with a notice that the image violated
Photobucket's terms and conditions:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5901005951.jpg

Hugs,

CatNipped

YAY!!!! And I hope that track that a**hole down via his IP Address when he
posted it. And prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!

Jill

Old July 17th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default title changes to something a lot nicer

Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Jul 16, 5:58 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

If you are talking to me their Annie Just making sure. They are
doing good still little #$@%$@ Still can't believe how big
Ka'Shay has gotten

Could give you any one that I made for 4th of July here is the list
I made

Items on the list

Flank steak stuffed with fresh mozzarella and mushrooms
oysters, clams, mussels all soaked in a chardonnay brine
Blue crabs caught this morning
turkey legs injected with a honey base broth
chicken wings soaked in buttermilk covered in a honey BBQ sauce
with smoke chipotle chopped fresh
stuffed portabella mushrooms with blue crab meat
jerked pork skewer's with various vegetables
roasted vegetables and corn on the cob
BBQ ribs with Italian seasoning and my secret sauce
Coleslaw, macaroni salad, red potatoes salad
Mash potatoes mixed with baby spinach and roasted garlic
Country fried lamb skewers ( something I saw on food network)
Stuffed pork chops with cornbread with dried apricot
stuffed artichokes with cheese and shrimp
and of course hotdogs, ground chuck burgers and other various
necessary BBQ items

(snippage)

Dang I should have been at your house on the 4th.

I was a lone celebrant on the 4th. So I broke the cooking on the
grill mode
and did this instead: Pan seared sea scallops served on a bed of pan
fried
(in a dash of olive oil, high heat, until crisp) baby spinach
leaves*. On the side was quick-cooking couscous with garlic and a
little olive oil added
and chilled mandarin orange slices as a garnish. Simple and
delicious!

* A unique and interesting thing I encountered some years ago in a
restaurant, although they quickly deep fried theirs. I don't have a
deep fryer. Note, it takes almost a pound of baby spinach leaves to
get enough for one dinner size plate!

Jill

Jill you got a deep black skillet use some peanut oil and it is the
same effect just make sure you cover the skillet or you can use a
deep pot

I'd actually rather not use all that oil for one single thing. I rarely fry
anything. A drizzle or two of olive oil in a skillet worked perfectly for
the spinach. Didn't have to worry about what I was going to do with all
that extra oil.

I know what I am having for lunch except I think I will fry up some
dill pickles a recipe I got from food network

24 dill pickle spears, chilled
Egg wash, recipe follows
Breading, recipe follows
Canola oil, for frying
Ranch dressing, recipe follows

Using only very cold dill pickle spears, dip pickle into egg wash and
then coat with breading. Repeat until no pickles remain, and arrange
dipped pickles on a sheet pan lined with waxed paper. Chill for at
least 30 minutes.
In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Alternatively, heat oil
in a large, heavy pot suitable for deep-frying. Carefully add chilled
pickle spears, in batches, to the hot oil and fry for about 3 1/2
minutes or until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to
drain. Serve with Ranch Dressing.

Egg Wash:
2 cups milk
2 eggs
Pinch lemon pepper
Pinch dill weed
Pickle juice
Breading:
2 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup lemon pepper
1/2 cup dill weed
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic salt
Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste

For egg wash: In a baking dish, whisk all ingredients together, except
pickle juice. Add pickle juice, to taste, and whisk to combine.

For breading: Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.

Ranch Dressing:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 garlic clove, minced
Mayonnaise
In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together, except
mayonnaise. Add mayonnaise, as needed, to thicken. Refrigerate until
ready to serve.

Fried Dill Pickles

1 pint sliced dill pickles, undrained
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
Vegetable oil

Drain pickles, reserving 2/3-cup pickle juice. Press pickles between
paper towels. Combine 2/3 cup pickle juice, egg, 1 tablespoon flour,
and hot sauce. Stir well and set aside.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour with ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt,
and paprika. Blend well. Dip pickles in egg mixture, then dredge in
flour mixture. Fry coated pickles in 375-degree oil until golden
brown. Drain on paper towels.

Old July 17th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default This is my friend Victor Martinez

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi all:

I am Pirata Azul

Hard-boiled Eggs in an Anglo-Indian Red Lentil Curry Sauce
Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible

6 dried red chillies
200g red lentils
90g chana dal or yellow split peas
½ tsp turmeric
1½ tsp salt
4 cloves garlic
7 cm fresh ginger
4 tbsps oil
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
2 eggs per serving
Cayenne or red paprika for garnish
Lemon wedges to serve

Soak the chillies in 5 tablespoons of hot water for 1 hour or until slightly
softened. (Per the original recipe, I don't bother.)

Combine the red lentils and chana dal. Wash in several changes of water.
Drain, put in a good sized pan, add the turmeric and 900ml water. Bring to
the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover partially with a lid and cook until
soft, about 1¼ hours. Add the salt and stir to mix.

Hard boil the eggs.

Peel and coarsely chop the garlic. Peel and chop the ginger. Put the
chillies, their soaking liquid, the garlic and ginger into a blender. Blend
till smooth.

Halve then thinly slice the onion. Peel and chop the tomatoes. Fry the
onion in the oil until a rich reddish colour and slightly crisp. Add the
garlic-ginger-chilli paste. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes or until the oil
begins to separate from the seasonings. Add the tomatoes. Stir and fry for
3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add the fried ingredients to the lentils.
Add a further 600ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.

To serve peel and halve the eggs, arrange cut side up in a single layer in a
large warmed shallow dish. Heat the sauce through. It should have the
consistency of double cream, adjust with water if necessary. Pour it over
the eggs but leave them visible. Garnish with a light sprinkling of cayenne
or paprika and serve with wedges of lemon.

Serves 4-6

Tweed

Old July 18th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Hot German Potato Salad

8 medium red russet potatoes
8 strips bacon
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. sugar (or to taste)
1 tsp. celery seed
pepper to taste
2/3 c. white vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/2 c. water

Cook potatoes until tender and cube while still hot; place in a deep
casserole dish. Fry bacon and onion until golden brown. Strain and reserve
bacon fat. Add bacon and onion to potatoes. In frying pan, heat bacon fat
along with flour, sugar, pepper, vinegar and water, stirring until thick
(about a minute). Pour over potatoes and blend carefully. Sprinkle celery
seed over and stir in. Serve warm.

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:03:50 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Love this stuff!!! Love it love it love it!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

I met Victor Susan M Cat anecdotes 23 March 22nd 04 10:35 PM
Yo! Victor! SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 7 March 6th 04 05:41 PM
Victor! Susan M Cat anecdotes 7 January 26th 04 11:47 PM
PING....Victor Martinez Gizela Cat anecdotes 1 December 10th 03 01:26 AM