OT - More job fun

Old July 28th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default OT - More job fun

Seems like an awful lot of us catfolks are having job issues!

I suspect that I'm going to end up back in a truck before the end of the
year. I really love getting home every night and earning a decent living,
but these people are going to drive me crazy. The customers I have to
support are idiots, most of my coworkers are beyond clueless (the
description I prefer for them is "dynamically anticluefull"), and those
who aren't are irritating beyond belief. I love the majority of the work
(keeping Linux and FreeBSD production servers running), but I'm spending
more and more time every week doing idiot-support. I'm afraid I have a
very low tolerance for idiots

I've been doing a fair bit of research, and I believe I've located a few
trucking companies that might actually pay me a fair per-mile rate and get
me home regularly. And most of them allow pets, so the Roadcat might get a
chance to go out on the road again!

So when you can spare a few extra purrs, I could use some that I can make
some appropriate decisions regarding my career.

Old July 28th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when Dan M wrote:

...these people are going to drive me crazy. The customers I have to
support are idiots, most of my coworkers are beyond clueless (the
description I prefer for them is "dynamically anticluefull")

There is are two fundamental particles called Bozons and Cluons...

And I'm spending
more and more time every week doing idiot-support. I'm afraid I have
a very low tolerance for idiots

Have you discovered the alt.sysadmin.recovery newsgroup? Also known
by the anagram, "Scary devil monastery"? This is a place for partially
gruntled admins to share their often bitter anecdotes about life among
the lusers. The stories are often funny to those of a technical bent
(as long as the stories are about SOMEONE ELSE'S LUSERS), but may be
less funny to non-techies - in fact, some of those stories might be
ABOUT, and insulting to certain non-techies.

By the way, Dan, Happy Sysadmin Day! Here, have some more caffeine
(grin).

So when you can spare a few extra purrs, I could use some that I can
make some appropriate decisions regarding my career.

Good luck and lots of purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 28th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

There is are two fundamental particles called Bozons and Cluons...

Yep. And I'm getting exposed to huge doses of bozons.

Have you discovered the alt.sysadmin.recovery newsgroup? Also known
by the anagram, "Scary devil monastery"? This is a place for partially
gruntled admins to share their often bitter anecdotes about life among
the lusers. The stories are often funny to those of a technical bent
(as long as the stories are about SOMEONE ELSE'S LUSERS), but may be
less funny to non-techies - in fact, some of those stories might be
ABOUT, and insulting to certain non-techies.

No, I haven't. I'm on my way to check it out now!

By the way, Dan, Happy Sysadmin Day! Here, have some more caffeine
(grin).

Thanks! I wasn't even aware that it was sys admin day until someone
mentioned at lunch. I think that's an excuse to do some drinking tonight!

Old July 28th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you find a job that makes you happy.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 28th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[...]

Purrs are on the way, Dan.

Joy

Old July 28th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Fri 28 Jul 2006 03:46:06p, Dan M wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news
[...]

I have a low tolerance for idiots, too, so I hear ya. Purrs for
what you want to do works out.

--
Cheryl

Old July 29th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan M wrote:

So when you can spare a few extra purrs, I could use some that I can make
some appropriate decisions regarding my career.

Job and career purrs on the way!

Old July 29th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

Purrrs coming your way. Shame about the mentally challenged (workers!)

sandra

Old July 29th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you, Dan. One thing is certain -- if you do go back to
trucking, you'll have a much smarter co-worker. :-) My son was telling
me about a good offer he got from a trucking co. He's thinking about
going back to trucking too. I know the money is good but I hated him
driving to the northern states during the winter.
Sherry

Old July 29th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:46:06 -0700, Dan M wrote:

[...]

You got it, Dan. Purrs heading out your way.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)