Oscar's doing well

Old July 16th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Oscar's doing well

We've tried her without the e collar since yesterday. She seems good;
not licking at the paw excessively, and when we pick her up to take a
look at her paw, the pads and fur around them are always dry, so she
must not be licking it very often.

If all continues to go well, she won't have to wear the e collar when
I go to work tomorrow.

We haven't yet made the necessary alterations to the basement, so that
door is staying closed and her litterbox is in a bathroom for the time
being.

Today we are using the new deep cleaner for the first time. The
hardest part was picking up all the stuff on the floor so that we
could do a good job *grin*. Then a thorough vacuuming followed by the
cleaner. It does a nice job, or at least it makes the carpet stand up
and look all fluffy. In a few minutes we'll be using it on the real
stains, so that will be the true test.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 16th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
[...]

Thats good news. Purrs continuing for Oscar from Rusty who left 'a
smelly gift' on the floor of his room yesterday. I cleaned it up right
away with Nature's Miracle. Good thing it is tiled floor. For that he
was fasted to settle his tummy. Coincidentally I am having tummy
problems too. Went to see a Chinese herbal doctor. Had to drink this
vile tasting and smelly 'prescription herbal stuff' for the last
couple of days. It took over an hour to cook up. One more dose and I am
done.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 16th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sun 16 Jul 2006 03:32:06p, Monique Y. Mudama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

[...]

Glad to hear that she's doing better. I imagine she'll be so happy
to be rid of the evil e-collar. I'll have to go read the
thread about the carpet cleaner - I saw it but haven't read any of
it yet. I hope to see a followup with the real stains. I have only
a hand-held dirt devil spot remover, and it's about to get a
workout on all the stains from poor Shamrock's puking episodes from
the antibiotics.

--
Cheryl
Old July 17th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-16, Cheryl penned:

Glad to hear that she's doing better. I imagine she'll be so happy
to be rid of the evil e-collar. I'll have to go read the thread
about the carpet cleaner - I saw it but haven't read any of it yet.
I hope to see a followup with the real stains. I have only a
hand-held dirt devil spot remover, and it's about to get a workout
on all the stains from poor Shamrock's puking episodes from the
antibiotics.

Followup: The carpet in the bedroom looks wonderful. No sign of where
the stains were. I also suspect that even where there were no stains
visible, the carpet wasn't necessarily clean, so this makes me feel
much better about my bedroom.

We tried the trick someone mentioned of using a broom to pull up fur
before running the deep cleaner, but it didn't seem to do much. DH
used the broom after the carpet dried to "fluff" it a bit, though.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 17th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
We've tried her without the e collar since yesterday. She seems good;
not licking at the paw excessively, and when we pick her up to take a
look at her paw, the pads and fur around them are always dry, so she
must not be licking it very often.

If all continues to go well, she won't have to wear the e collar when
I go to work tomorrow.

Great news! She sure must be glad.

Old July 17th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
[...]

Happy to hear Oscar's on the mend.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 17th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-16, Winnie penned:

Thats good news. Purrs continuing for Oscar from Rusty who left 'a
smelly gift' on the floor of his room yesterday. I cleaned it up
right away with Nature's Miracle. Good thing it is tiled floor. For
that he was fasted to settle his tummy. Coincidentally I am having
tummy problems too. Went to see a Chinese herbal doctor. Had to
drink this vile tasting and smelly 'prescription herbal stuff' for
the last couple of days. It took over an hour to cook up. One more
dose and I am done.

Purrs for both your tummies.

Mine is feeling better now that the stress from Oscar being hurt is
down. And it's so nice having a carpet that I don't mind walking on
barefoot! It's sweltering though, even indoors, the A/C can't seem to
keep up. Well, and I've been running the washer and dryer all day.
That can't help, and it's probably terribly antisocial behavior
considering the electricity it must be sucking, but I really needed to
wash the bedding.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 17th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-17, Takayuki penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:

If all continues to go well, she won't have to wear the e collar
when I go to work tomorrow.

Great news! She sure must be glad.

Wellllll ... her paw looked just a bit suspicious this morning, so
she's back in the collar, but she's allowed the run of the first and
second floor. She's not thrilled about it, but she's much more
functional in the collar now than she was a couple of weeks ago. She
showed me that she can run up the steps, and when I left she was
sitting on top of my laundry hamper, maybe three feet off the ground.
So it must not be bothering her too much.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 17th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
We've tried her without the e collar since yesterday. She seems good;
not licking at the paw excessively, and when we pick her up to take a
look at her paw, the pads and fur around them are always dry, so she
must not be licking it very often.

If all continues to go well, she won't have to wear the e collar when
I go to work tomorrow.

snip

Glad to hear it!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 20th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Sounds like Oscar is making real progress.
Suz&Spicey