Rhett needs purrs

Old March 12th 12, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Rhett needs purrs

Purrs to all in advance because I haven't read here as much as I used to.

Poor Rhett. He's had diarrhea for a couple of days and he was scheduled
for a vet appt yesterday for his rabies shot, so I had to just take
Scarlett because I couldn't find Rhett in time. Vet said if Rhett's
diarrhea lasts until tonight that I need to get him in Monday. So he
will be off to the vet in the morning. I think I'll have to leave him.
He is drinking water (a lot) but not eating. I want TED to get him
fluids if he needs them, and just a quiet place to sleep while she
watches him. I've had to clean his bottom 3 times and he hates it. But
after the first time, he doesn't hide from me so I can tell he knows I'm
just making him feel better. He has the saddest meow. His eyes are
droopy. I have no idea what could be causing this - no food changes,
and there isn't anything he could have gotten into.

When I take him to TED tomorrow morning I'll make sure she doesn't give
him his rabies shot just because he's due. I'm sure I don't have to
tell her that but I want to make sure.
Old March 12th 12, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Rhett, and for his worried Meowmie.

--
Joy

The only way to live is like the rose, which lives without a why. --
Meister Eckhart

.com...

Old March 12th 12, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 3/11/2012 11:58 PM, Joy wrote:

Purrs for Rhett, and for his worried Meowmie.

Thanks Joy. We're just back from the ER. I had syringed him some water
to keep him hydrated, just sort of drizzling some in his mouth. After
about 15 mins he started howling, laying on his side and I got scared.

TED xrayed him because he couldn't find a cause for the diarrhea and
found that his colon is completely empty but full of gas. No fever,
mostly looks ok. So for the diarrhea he gave him an injection of
famotidine along with some B vitamins to stimulate his appetite. Also
gave him some subq fluids. Gave me some flagyl to give him orally but
mostly wants me to give him some yogurt a couple of times a day. He
actually came home and ate some food. I hope it doesn't go straight
through him but it's good to see him eat something.

Old March 12th 12, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 3/12/2012 12:48 AM, Cheryl wrote:

Thanks Joy. We're just back from the ER.

I am so relieved to say that he is acting almost normal again! I wonder
if the subq fluids did that? He's still a bit stinky and he'll need to
be bathed again but I'm not going to bother him with that tonight. He
doesn't have a wet butt and tail like he's had so it can wait. He just
smells.

Old March 12th 12, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

What a relief! Purrs being sent for a good night's sleep for both of
you. MLB
Old March 12th 12, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
On 3/11/2012 11:58 PM, Joy wrote:

Purrs for Rhett, and for his worried Meowmie.

Thanks Joy. We're just back from the ER. I had syringed him some water to
keep him hydrated, just sort of drizzling some in his mouth. After about
15 mins he started howling, laying on his side and I got scared.

TED xrayed him because he couldn't find a cause for the diarrhea and found
that his colon is completely empty but full of gas. No fever, mostly
looks ok. So for the diarrhea he gave him an injection of famotidine
along with some B vitamins to stimulate his appetite. Also gave him some
subq fluids. Gave me some flagyl to give him orally but mostly wants me
to give him some yogurt a couple of times a day. He actually came home and
ate some food. I hope it doesn't go straight through him but it's good to
see him eat something.

I'm so glad he seems to be doing better. I hope that continues.

Joy

Old March 12th 12, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for, Rhett.
--
Adrian
Old March 12th 12, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
Purrs for Rhett, and for his worried Meowmie.

--
Joy

Purrs are definitely on the way for both Rhett and Cheryl.

Jill

.com...

Old March 12th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

Purrs for Rhett to feel better soon and that it's nothing serious.

Tweed

Old March 12th 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

I am so relieved to say that he is acting almost normal again! I wonder
if the subq fluids did that? He's still a bit stinky and he'll need to
be bathed again but I'm not going to bother him with that tonight. He
doesn't have a wet butt and tail like he's had so it can wait. He just
smells.

How's he doing today? Purrs for him (and you!) - hope he's better soon.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

Rhett scared me Cheryl Cat anecdotes 8 July 1st 06 04:35 AM
Another Rhett Story Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 June 3rd 06 09:43 PM
Rhett is still growing Cheryl Sellner Cat anecdotes 1 March 10th 06 05:49 AM
Rhett and Shamrock Cheryl Cat anecdotes 13 February 6th 05 11:33 PM
Rhett and Scarlett pic Cheryl Cat anecdotes 18 December 2nd 04 06:53 PM